My name is David Marshall. I am a VMware vExpert 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015, and the author of "VMware ESX Essentials in the Virtual Datacenter" Published by CRC Press, ISBN: 1420070274, and "Advanced Server Virtualization: VMware and Microsoft Platforms in the Virtual Datacenter" Published by Auerbach Publishing. ISBN: 0849339316. I was also the Technical Editor of two of the extremely popular For Dummies Series: "Virtualization for Dummies" Published by Wiley. ISBN: 978-0-470-14831-0 and "VMware VI3 For Dummies" Published by Wiley. ISBN: 978-0-470-27793-5.
VMblog.com is dedicated to spreading the word about virtualization, and hopes to keep the masses informed about all the latest trends, technologies, and news that relates to virtualization and cloud computing.
The Web site was launched as a project to keep track of what was going on within the IT industry - specifically, within the virtualization space. Virtualization is a subject that I have been interested in and involved with since around 1999. My interest in the subject started when I began using VMware Workstation and Connectix virtualization products at home. This interest helped spawn a successful career that allowed me to leverage my expertise in the virtualization space. Early on, I was able to work closely with VMware software engineers as they designed VMware ESX Server. Using ESX Server while in its Alpha stage, the endless possibilities of what server virtualization could do and accomplish quickly became obvious. And so embarked a career that allowed me to help implement a number of virtualization solutions for numerous Fortune 500 and Fortune 1000 companies.
The hope was and is that this site can help the IT community serve as a resource of information for everything concerning Virtualization and Cloud Computing. The site hopes to accomplish this task by posting information related to topics such as the following:
- Platform technologies like VMware, Citrix, Microsoft, Parallels, Red Hat, Oracle and more
- Application Virtualization, Streaming and Containers
- Public and Private Cloud Computing (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS, etc.)
- Desktop Virtualization (VDI), Brokers, DaaS, WaaS and Desktop Delivery
- Network Virtualization and SDN
- Physical to Virtual (P2V) and Virtual to Virtual (V2V) Migration
- Storage Virtualization
- Hyperconverged Technology
- User Virtualization
- Virtual Appliances
- Virtual Machine Automation, Management Applications, Tools and Utilities
- Virtualization Scripts and Procedures
- Virtualization News, Whitepapers, Videos, Webinars, Conferences and Events, Books, and other Resources
- And more...
New virtualization products are appearing all the time. And now with additional growing areas such as Cloud Computing and Containers, things are continuing to heat up. And as new companies and technologies appear, we hope to bring you more information about it on this site.
I invite your comments and feedback.