FreeVPS is a free Linux-based software implementing virtual servers technology, a cost-effective and resource-saving solution that runs virtually isolated full-featured standalone Linux servers on one host box.
FreeVPS is released under the GNU General Public License (GPL).
To ensure complete isolation of virtual servers, each is given a certain portion of the filesystem, a separate root directory where all its processes run restricted from other virtual servers, and own virtual network connections.
FreeVPS is fully integrated with H-Sphere, an automated scalable web hosting software. H-Sphere provides an easy-to-use web interface to manage VPS configuration and hosting facilities.
May 26, 2006 - released FreeVPS 1.5-8. This version updates 2.4 and 2.6 kernel.
Improvements and fixes for the 2.4 kernel:
- Updated to the latest version aacraid sources
- Restored aacraid build
- Kernel API made compatible with 2.6 kernel. This resolves utime problem with non redhat glibc.
Improvements and fixes for the 2.6 kernel:
- Fixed panic with unexist/dev/hdv2 mounting
- Merged ext3 fix from upstream kernel
- Fixed some diskquota bugs
Improvements and fixes relevant to both kernels:
- Added experimental support for x86_64 arch
- Fixed kernel panic when starting VPS without Ethernet link
- Fixed uptime virtualization for context 1
- Fixed built ipt_physdev module
- Generated and installed FreeVPS scripts man pages. Now it is possible to use 'man' command.
Visit the docs page, here
Visit the FAQ page, here
And download the product, here