Parallels announces the release of Parallels Desktop RC2, the final test version of the first solution that lets users run Windows and Mac OS X simultaneously, without rebooting! RC2 boasts dramatically improved product functionality, performance and stability, as well as better networking and device support.
As part of their commitment to simplicity, and in response to the user's requests, Parallels has integrated Parallels Compressor Server - a powerful management tool that can reduce the size of Windows 2000, XP, or 2003 virtual hard disks by 50% or more - directly into Parallels Desktop. The enhanced product will be available for sale at $79.99. However, if you pre-order now, you can get both products at the special pre-order price of $39.99, saving $40 off of the regular price once the product is released.
Some of the new features and improvements made to the product are:
- Parallels Compressor Server technology is now built-in
- Significantly improved performance
- Improved USB performance and broader device support
- Improved Host-guest networking
- Automatic network adapters now switch on-the-fly
- Guest OS no longer steals host IP address in some DHCP servers
- Fullscreen mode is now customizable
- Integration with Virtue is now bug-free
- Customizable Ctrl + Click mapping
- Guest 32bit color is supported when Parallels Tools is installed
- Improved Shared folders performance
- Resolved shared folders/MS Office incompatibility issues
- Windows 98 no longer consumes 99% host CPU even when idle (in VT-x mode)
Download the RC2 release, here.