XenSource, Inc., the leader in infrastructure virtualization solutions based on the open source Xen™ hypervisor, today announced that their virtualization products have received IBM ServerProven™ certification. The ServerProven certification is part of IBM's PartnerWorld Program and designates XenSource products as having been enabled for IBM systems and successfully deployed in a real-world production environment. When deployed on IBM x86 systems, XenSource virtualization products deliver breakthrough price and performance that reduce data center complexity, increase manageability and resource utilization, and reduce IT infrastructure costs.
Solutions that are ServerProven represent applications that have been enabled for IBM Systems and have been verified through a customer experience to be installed and running in a customer location. To earn the IBM ServerProven certification, XenSource verified XenEnterprise can run on one or more IBM Systems in a real-world customer environment. IBM ServerProven certification is intended for IBM customers to be able to easily identify compatible, reliable solutions for their business-critical needs. XenSource products deliver bare-metal performance on a broad-range of IBM servers, including IBM BladeCenter and IBM System x, running on Windows or Linux.
"We were looking for a virtualization solution that offered high performance and was easy to use," said Chris Rogers, president of ServerCave, Inc., an Internet hosting and consulting firm based in Herndon, Virginia. "With XenEnterprise, we were quickly up and running on our IBM server. We have found it to be easy to manage and dependable."
"We're pleased XenSource has completed testing of XenEnterprise on System x products, and has officially become a member of the IBM ServerProven program," said Jim Northington, VP of High Performance System x Solutions for IBM. "XenSource adds to an already comprehensive set of solutions built for the System x platform, giving users such as ServerCave confidence that they're getting a proven, dependable solution right out of the box. That means added value and protection for their business investment."
In December, XenSource released the XenServer™ product family which includes XenEnterprise™, the market's first enterprise-grade commercially packaged Xen virtualization solution supporting both Microsoft Windows® and Linux guests. New additions include XenServer™, for Windows standard server environments, and XenExpress™, a free, production-ready product which enables anyone to quickly get started with Xen virtualization. Available now, all three products share the same architecture, delivering bare metal performance and facilitating easy migration and upgrades.
"XenSource is pleased to receive IBM ServerProven status, and is committed to delivering products that meet the virtualization needs for users of all IBM servers," said Frank Artale, VP of Business Development at XenSource. "Our products now have a proven track record in IBM environments, and offer a virtualization solution of choice for IBM customers that is easy-to-use and interoperable with their existing datacenter infrastructure regardless of operating system."
About XenSource Products
For enterprises, IT professionals and technology enthusiasts seeking to benefit from virtualization of Windows and Linux in x86 server environments, XenSource products offer easy to use multi-OS virtualization solutions with built-in virtual machine lifecycle management, at breakthrough price and performance. The benefits from increased server utilization result in efficiency and savings on data center management and operational costs.
XenSource products offer the following key benefits:
- Superior Bare Metal Performance: bare-metal Windows and Linux performance leveraging the Xen paravirtualized architecture and hardware virtualization capabilities of Intel® VT and AMD® V enabled processors.
- Easy to use: automated step-by-step installers and a comprehensive management toolkit combined into a single package enable customers to get Xen up and running fast and also quickly build and manage a virtualization infrastructure.
- Open Source Model: built on the open source Xen™ Hypervisor which benefits from regular innovations and contributions from hundreds of top developers from companies including IBM, HP, Intel, AMD and many others. Because of the open source nature of Xen, new features are made available at a much faster pace than proprietary virtualization offerings or those within operating systems projects with multi-year development cycles.
- Unified Architecture: with a single, lightweight unified architecture based on Xen, customers can confidently implement and know they will be able to easily move up the XenSource product ladder with a simple license key. Similarly, all XenSource products share a common and standard API and SDK, allowing developers and ISVs to write once for all XenSource products. The Xen architecture is extremely lightweight and ideal as an embeddable virtualization component for OEMs.
- Broadest Hardware Device Support: XenSource products leverage the existing device drivers in the Linux kernel stack, giving our products a broad and tested set of hardware device drivers enabling customers to run within diverse hardware environments with confidence.