Tim Freeman posted a piece of one of the emails sent out by XenSource's Ewan Mellor, where he gave a run down of old and upcoming Xen Management interfaces. Tim also listed a number of other management interfaces that aren't released with Xen, and has accumulated quite a list.
- xend-http-server: Very old and totally broken HTML interface and legacy, generally working SXP-based interface, on port 8000.
- xend-unix-server: Ditto, using a unix domain socket.
- xend-unix-xmlrpc-server: Legacy XML-RPC server, over HTTP/unix, the recommended way to access Xend in 3.0.4.
- xend-tcp-xmlrpc-server: Ditto, over TCP, on port 8006.
- xen-api-server: All new, all shiny Xen-API interface, available in preview form now, and landing for 3.0.5.
And Tim's current list includes:
Keep up to date with the latest list, here, on Tim's Web site - GridVM.org. Thanks for the information Tim!