VKernel Corporation, a provider of easy–to–use and quick–to–deploy virtual server management solutions, today announced it is shipping its new VMware ESX data center modeling tool. VKernel Modeler 1.0 enables users to quickly simulate hundreds of ‘what if’ scenarios to understand the performance impact on the data center before rolling out additions and changes to the production environment.
“At the core of virtualization are efficiency and cost saving benefits that can only be realized if IT staffs have the confidence to virtualize a greater percentage of their servers and increase virtual machine densities,” said Alex Bakman, founder and CEO of VKernel. “Our Modeler tool shows current and future performance impact to instantly validate whether or not changes and additions can be safely made to production environments.”
The patent–pending VKernel Modeler 1.0 virtual appliance provides IT staff with an interactive, analytical sandbox to quickly test and validate additions and changes in a VMware ESX infrastructure to see what the performance impact will be before the changes are made in the production environment. Modeling scenarios are as simple as executing drag–and–drop and import commands to immediately see whether resource constraints will be exceeded and if performance issues will occur.
With Modeler’s “what if” scenarios, IT staffs can conduct more effective and efficient capacity planning to ensure optimal performance, utilize the right amount of resources, and see a greater return on their investment. Some of the common use cases for Modeler are:
- What will happen when a host is suspended for maintenance or a virtual machine is powered down?
- Pre–testing VMotion scenarios to make sure sufficient resources exist.
- See the effect on resource capacity of adding a new host/virtual machine or removing existing ones.
- How will performance be affected if resource changes are made to hosts, clusters, and/or resource pools?
- Can a configuration change be made without causing performance degradations or downtime?
Pricing and Availability
VKernel Modeler is currently available with pricing starting at $199 per CPU socket. A fully–functional 14–day free Modeler trial is available on www.vkernel.com. For additional questions, contact VKernel by phone at 1.866.370.2733 (603–610–4300) or email email@example.com.
VKernel Virtual Server Management Solutions
VKernel’s main suite of virtual server management solutions is a set of innovative, “plug–and–play” virtual appliances designed to quickly address real world systems management challenges with advanced analytics as organizations migrate to virtual data center environments. VKernel products enable IT groups to immediately solve today’s critical pain points by providing visibility into the capacity and resource consumption of each virtual machine. VKernel products include:
- Capacity Analyzer — proactively and predicatively monitor shared capacity resources to prevent current and future problems
- Chargeback — provide cost visibility and implementing chargeback processes
- Modeler — quickly test and validate additions and changes to see the impact on the environment before going live
- SearchMyVM — free “Google–like” search utility to find information in virtual environments
- CompareMyVM — a free community website tool that allows visitors to exchange and compare VMware ESX Server virtual machine (VM) resource allocations with that of the community at large
- SnapshotMyVM — a new free documentation tool for VMware ESX environment that completely automates the time–consuming documentation process, collects dozens of important VM attributes, and creates detailed reports