The Xen.org community announced that this year's Xen Directions conference takes place in Berlin, Germany on Saturday June 27, 2009 at the LinuxTag event. The focus of the event is little different than that of the Xen Summit conferences, in that the Xen Directions events are the technical marketing, outward facing events for the Xen.org community, which are held globally throughout the year. The Xen Summit conferences are the technical developer focused community gatherings to discuss the latest technology updates, roadmap, and new features.
The event showcases leading members of the community from Citrix, Oracle, HP, AMD, and others presenting their virtualization solutions based on open source Xen. Below is the current agenda for the event:
- Ian Pratt Open Source Xen Hypervisor Community Citrix
- Jerg Theurer HP ProLiant Virtual Platforms powered by Citrix HP XenServer
- Dirk Hohndel Virtualization - it's not just for servers anymore Intel
- Ruben S. Montero Virtual Infrastructure Management with University of Madrid OpenNebula
- Christian Rothe Virtualization of mission-critical deployments Oracle with Xen: Oracle users choose Oracle VM
- Frank Kohler Citrix XenServer and OSS Xen - best of both worlds Citrix
- Boris Quiroz Xen as an IT platform in Latin America Enterprises Substance
- Björn Brundert Highly available virtual infrastructures based on Xen Lufthansa Systems
- Chris Schlaeger The challenges of guest migration AMD
- Stephen Spector HXEN: Hosted Xen Hypervisor Project Citrix
- Ian Pratt & Q&A with Xen.org Community Leaders Stephen Spector
Click here to learn more about Xen Directions and to register for the event.