ASG Software Solutions, the originator of ASG's Business Service Portfolio™ (BSP™) and a worldwide leader in business solutions for global enterprises, today announced the immediate availability of ASG's BSP Virtualization Management, a new solution that monitors the real-time performance, health, and efficiency of both virtual and physical IT environments.
Today, businesses are hastily deploying virtual machines (VMs) throughout their enterprises to achieve cost benefits and performance improvements. However, the difficulty in tracking and monitoring the performance of rapidly propagating VMs across the enterprise has resulted in few organizations realizing the long-term cost savings and IT performance benefits of virtualization. This lack of insight into VMs, coupled with a growing and more complex IT systems infrastructure, intensifies the need for both physical and virtual environments to be monitored, managed, and coordinated to maximize IT performance and efficiency across the enterprise.
By providing complete visibility of all virtual and physical environments in a unified dashboard view, ASG's BSP Virtualization Management allows organizations to continuously monitor the health of their entire infrastructure in real time. Using the solution, IT Operations directors can discover and map application dependencies between virtual systems and the underlying physical infrastructure, which, in turn, enables them to identify and eliminate areas of actual or potential virtual machine sprawl.
ASG's BSP Virtualization Management
- Optimizes the three key phases in the virtualization lifecycle
- Capacity planning: Equips organizations to virtualize physical systems by logically discovering, mapping, and assessing the current IT environment
- Real-time performance monitoring: Enables the optimization of both physical and virtual systems at all times using a single solution
- Asset planning: Recognizes system resources to properly assess retirement of physical servers and unneeded VMs to reduce sprawl while maximizing data center efficiency
- Offers immediate root cause analysis of problems, bottlenecks, and trending to optimize the performance of physical and virtual systems
- Regularly generates on-demand reports, a central feature of all ASG's Level 2 BSP solutions, and addresses performance issues for incidents, uptime, saturation, and utilization
- The flexible and scalable solution is classified as a Level 2 solution in ASG's Path to Optimization, a program designed to help IT executives leverage their current IT investments, complemented by ASG's BSP solutions and best practices, to progress towards improved IT service delivery and proactive Business Service Management (BSM).
- ASG's BSP Virtualization Management is offered both as a standalone solution and as a core component of ASG's BSP Enterprise Performance Management, which monitors the entire IT environment, including mainframe, distributed, and virtualized systems, databases, and applications.
- According to Enterprise Management Associates (EMA), enterprises with integrated tools for physical and virtual systems management are more likely to outperform industry averages in business service performance, virtualization efficiency, business agility, and green IT/reduction in power consumption.
- EMA observes that few organizations are realizing virtualization's full benefits due to the need for applications and solutions that can manage both the virtual and physical server environment with a systems optimization point of view.
- EMA states that 95 percent of all enterprises that have deployed virtualization have deployed two or more virtualization technologies together, and over 90 percent have deployed three or more virtualization technologies.
Andi Mann, Vice President of Research, Systems & Storage Management, EMA said, "The rapid adoption of server virtualization has large cost benefits and performance improvements. However, companies are virtualizing their servers without evaluating their implementation process. Utilizing performance management and asset tracking virtualization tools that integrate the physical and virtual systems result in significant metric improvements from industry virtualization averages."