Egenera announces general availability of its new family of 2-socket Egenera® Processing Blade™ offerings based on Intel® 5500 series processors, previously codenamed “Nehalem.”
- New 8-core Processing Blade (pBlade™) modules will deliver up to 60% more processing performance with Intel’s 2.93 GHz processor, lower power consumption and expanded memory configurations of up to 192GB.
- Egenera pBlade architecture reduces the number of adapters, cables and switches for SAN connectivity to reduce capital and operational expenses.
- New Egenera pBlades for the Egenera BladeFrame® EX and ES systems are compatible with all BladeFrame products shipped over the past eight years providing customers with maximum choice and flexibility.
- Egenera pBlades are diskless and stateless, enabling automated allocation, repurposing and failover, since any processing blade can assume the identity of any other server, whether physical or virtual.
- Egenera pBlades coupled with PAN Manager® Software by Egenera enables customers to manage their mission-critical data centers through flexible role- and policy-based management software to reduce complexity while increasing business flexibility.
“Egenera continues to offer its customers the greatest choice and flexibility. Leveraging Intel’s latest technology, the new Egenera pBlades provide businesses with more effective and lower power solutions than previously available with 4-socket solutions, at 2-socket pricing,” said Pete Manca, executive vice president of engineering and CTO of Egenera. “Egenera’s newest blades adapt processor performance to application demands and intelligently scale based on utilization requirements.”