PHD Virtual Technologies
, provider of the pioneering esXpress
VMware backup and recovery solution, today announced that its esXpress solution for virtual machine data protection and recovery has been added to TVAR Solutions' GSA Schedule. The new partnership is a result of PHD Virtual's heightened focus on sales to the federal government market and marks a key milestone in PHD Virtual's rapid expansion strategy.
"Government agencies have seen a rapid proliferation of VMware virtualized environments and with this increasing wave of consolidation and virtualization has come an immediate need for efficient data protection solutions," said Toby Zellers, vice president strategy and solutions, TVAR Solutions. "esXpress offers a unique and compelling approach for the backup and recovery of VMware enterprises. Because the solution enables the virtual infrastructure to back itself up, it optimizes existing resources and reduces overall cost of ownership. We are thrilled to add esXpress to our GSA Schedule."
Federal government agencies, like commercial organizations, require solutions that can optimize their virtualization investments while delivering a simplified approach to data protection and recovery. esXpress helps these government enterprises by delivering a revolutionary approach to VMware backup and data protection. esXpress uses the virtual environment itself to perform the backup in less time, and at a lower cost. Key benefits of esXpress include:
- Reduced backup window and storage capacity requirements through source-side global de-duplication across the entire ESX farm
- Rapid user-data restores through multi-user instant file-level restore features
- Rapid backup of more data in less time with support for up to 16 concurrent backup streams per ESX host
- Cost effective and painless disaster recovery through built-in incremental replication
- Free self-restores through self-extracting backup archives
- Seamless integration with traditional backup software solutions used on physical servers
- Fault tolerant, VMware DRS/HA-aware and VMotion-compatible solution for reliability and stability beyond other solutions. esXpress also has no single point of failure and no dependence on Virtual Center
"By embracing TVAR Solutions' depth of expertise in the federal government market, PHD Virtual can rapidly deliver the data protection and recovery benefits of esXpress to government agencies looking for the cost-effective, easy to manage solutions they need to protect their virtualized enterprise data," said Joe Julian, executive chairman, PHD Virtual. "TVAR is a trusted technical expert for the government market and we are pleased to have their stamp of approval as they add us to their GSA schedule."
To learn more about esXpress or to download a free trial version, please visit: http://www.phdvirtual.com/products/esxpress-virtual-backup.