The next wave of virtualization
is coming, and with it, the virtualization of business-critical applications. Today, Hyper9 announced the release of its Virtual Environment Optimization
solution to provide better data, faster diagnosis and more reliable remediation associated with the virtualization of high performance applications.
The critical nature of tier-1 business applications puts high demands on IT organizations to maintain predictable service levels and fast response times – standards that can be hard to live up to in a virtualized environment where constant change, blurred boundaries and an inherent state of mobility are the norm.
In response, a new paradigm for virtualization management is emerging that interprets the performance of resources in-context with their virtual environment.
“Running VMs in test and dev environments is one thing; using them to support strategic business operations is another,” said Dave Bartoletti, senior analyst at Taneja Group. “Organizations need to understand the links and dependencies between virtual elements, and the larger implications when something goes wrong. Hyper9 provides this broader business perspective, helping companies optimize their complete virtual environments, not just the elements within.”
Hyper9’s Virtual Environment Optimization suite consumes unstructured data and renders it up to the business in a structured way, improving visibility, collaboration, control and reporting around virtualization management issues. Highlights include:
- Business-level reporting – deliver at-a-glance summary inventory and configuration data filtered by any resource, as well as business-level reporting custom-filtered by unit, department, user and application
- Global trends – track resource CPU, memory and storage usage, and configuration changes over time across departments, owners and applications
- Performance analyzer – perform capacity planning functions to understand when resources will run out by cluster, host and datastore; troubleshoot performance issues from a virtual infrastructure or application perspective
- Datacenter analyzer – understand the breakdown of VM and host configuration across the data center; sort information by labels (e.g. department or line of business)
- VMDNA™ and Host DNA™ – support historical performance and configuration tracking, comparison, analysis and trending to manage configuration drift
“Enterprises are taking a more application-centric view of the data center, driving more business-level requirements into virtualization management data,” said Bill Kennedy, CEO of Hyper9. “With this latest release, we’re bridging the gap between element management and business performance – combining analytics about how your environment is performing with the ability to report and act on key business priorities. Any time you can abstract the complexity out of the virtual environment, that’s a good thing.”
To request an evaluation trial of Hyper9’s Virtual Environment Optimization solution, visit: http://downloads.hyper9.com/h9ds/scheduleeval.jsf.
To download a free copy of the Taneja Group whitepaper, Business-Driven Virtualization: Optimizing Insight and Operational Efficiency in the Dynamic Datacenter visit: http://downloads.hyper9.com/h9ds/resources.jsf.
Hyper9 ROI calculator