Gale Technologies, a pioneer of innovative software solutions for managing the provisioning and workflow orchestration of Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) offerings, today at Interop 2010 announced the release of GaleForce. This advanced, end-to-end resource orchestration software platform is proven to help enterprises, service providers, network equipment manufacturers (NEMs), and software vendors do more with fewer physical, virtual, and human resources. With GaleForce, organizations can completely automatethe orchestration lifecycle to fully optimize physical and virtual resources dynamically, efficiently, and securely across lab, datacenter, and cloud environments.
“GaleForce enables our proof-of-concept lab engineers to conduct real-time resource provisioning, both virtual and in-house, within minutes as opposed to weeks,” said Cherie Reed, manager of interoperability verification, Cisco Systems. “I have done extensive market research on network orchestration solutions, and I’ve yet to find another company that provides the end-to-end solution GaleForce offers. To date, the return on investment (ROI) from our GaleForce purchase has been substantial, as the solution has more than paid for itself.”
GaleForce – Efficient Automation Starts Here
GaleForce completely transforms how organizations approach resource management and provisioning by enabling the adoption of a self-service model to reduce expenses associated with IT provisioning. Using a secure Web portal, staff across multiple departments can request and access physical and virtual resources 24x7 from anywhere in the world. Through one comprehensive and extensible platform, GaleForce enables organizations to effortlessly locate, schedule, connect, provision, and access servers, virtual machines, networking, storage, and software repositories in a comprehensive and vendor-neutral way – even integrating public cloud resources. Additionally, GaleForce scales easily to accommodate multi-site and global operations, while its resource consolidation and intelligent power management capabilities significantly reduce carbon footprint.
Leading global organizations are recognizing numerous benefits when using GaleForce including:
- Reduced CAPEX – fewer machines and licenses
– Through optimization of resource usage across vendors
- Reduced OPEX – lower ratio of people to equipment
– Through dynamic, automated setup of any-cloud, any-scale, at all layers of the stack
- Improved IT Responsiveness – respond in minutes, not weeks
– Through instant self-service access to resources
- Decreased Carbon Footprint – power only what you need
– Through intelligent power management
- Immediate Elasticity/Scalability – rent when you need more
– Through private and public cloud integration and federation
“Our legacy is rooted in lab and test automation where we had great success helping many leading technology manufacturers and service providers significantly reduce costs and improve their testing cycles to deliver products and service to market faster,” said Nariman Teymourian, Chairman and CEO of Gale Technologies. “Now, with today’s dynamic datacenters and cloud-based strategies, we saw an opportunity to leverage our technology to help our customers transform the process of infrastructure delivery to enhance efficiencies, control costs, and boost productivity.”
The GaleForce Software Platform
GaleForce, the most advanced software platform of its type, is a distributed application built on a back-end automation and provisioning service that manages, controls, and orchestrates resources through a set of plug-in technology adapters and workflow descriptions. The GaleForce platform is comprised of several components, including:
- GaleForce Server – a highly extensible provisioning and workflow manager that handles everything from physical inventory, connectivity, and power management, to automated end-to-end provisioning of physical or virtual systems, network, and storage resources across both private and public clouds.
- GaleForce Control Center – a rich client interface that provides full administrative and expert-user control of inventory, planning and scheduling, graphical design, automated provisioning, and reporting.
- GaleForce Web Portal – a custom-brandable portal that provides published libraries and templates for end users to select for automated provisioning, on a scheduled or on-demand basis.
“The increasingly dynamic nature of the IT infrastructure requires heightened infrastructure awareness and enhanced levels of automation across traditionally soloed disciplines,” said Dennis Drogseth, vice president at Enterprise Management Associates. “By introducing the automated provisioning of physical, virtual, and cloud resources, workflows, and controls, organizations can more efficiently deliver IT services when services are needed. This ‘on-demand’ model, once properly managed, can provide a significant increase in responsiveness to both technology requirements and business objectives.”
GaleForce Debuts at Interop Las Vegas
Gale Technologies debuts GaleForce at Interop Las Vegas, April 27-29, 2010 at the Mandalay Bay Convention Center. For more information or to schedule a time for a one-on-one GaleForce demonstration, please e-mail.
Pricing and Availability
GaleForce is now shipping. For pricing information and how to see a demo, contact Gale Technologies by emailing or call 408.213.4900.