Shavlik Technologies, LLC, a leading provider of Cloud-enabled software for simplifying and automating IT operations and security, today announced that it will integrate additional virtualization capabilities critical to the management of virtual machines into its Shavlik NetChk Protect product in early 2011. This represents the latest “Patch Plus” release from Shavlik Technologies designed to simplify and automate the systems management challenges most relevant to current IT environments, while lowering cost and complexity.
“Shavlik will continue to extend its leadership in simplifying and automating the management of VMware virtual machines as part of our NetChk Protect Patch Plus approach,” said Mark Shavlik, president and CEO of Shavlik Technologies. “As a result of our long and successful relationship with VMware and strong customer feedback and requests, we have integrated unique new capabilities into NetChk Protect in addition to the ability to find and deploy missing patches to virtual machines regardless of power state which is available today.”
Shavlik's Patch Plus Virtualization today delivers an easy on-ramp to quickly get your physical servers ready to migrate to virtual machines and keep your virtual machines in an “ever ready” production state with the following capabilities:
- Identify and track VMs regardless of power state to stem VM sprawl
- Centralized management seamlessly provides management for both physical and virtual machines
- Create and maintain an accurate inventory of software applications installed on VMs, regardless of power state
- Patch VMs that are offline without bringing them back online
In early 2011, Shavlik will be adding the following capabilities to its NetChk Protect Patch Plus Virtualization:
- The ability to patch VMware templates – the starting point for creating a virtual machine – keeping those templates updated and in an every ready state.
- The creation of snapshots as a pre-patch & post-patch task and expand its unique functionality to patch offline virtual machines (VM)
- The ability to maintain availability of your ESX server by limiting the number of simultaneous guests that are being patched at any one time
All of Shavlik's Patch Plus solutions for the NetChk Protect platform are the result of direct feedback from customers who want to leverage Shavlik’s easy to use and manage NetChk Console to address their top priorities. By bundling additional capabilities, such as antivirus, power management and virtual machine management, along with Shavlik’s industry leading agentless asset discovery and trusted patch management capabilities in a single console, Shavlik customers increase their operational efficiency without increasing their management overhead or costs.