VMware, the global leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure, today announced an expansion of its VMware Ready Program to include mail security solutions for Zimbra, furthering the company's commitment to offer customers secure email solutions. Customers using VMware Ready products can easily extend the Zimbra solution with a virtual appliance mail security solutions that run on top of VMware vSphere from providers such as SpamTitan, Halon Security, InBoxer, Proofpoint, Sendmail Inc., Softnext Technologies, Symantec and Trend Micro.
The VMware Ready Mail Security Program helps customers identify complementary email security solutions for the Zimbra platform to provide better functionality, more choice and reduced integration costs for partner mail security products. By pre-qualifying products that meet VMware criteria for compatibility, robustness and interoperability with the Zimbra platform, the VMware Ready Mail Security Program, enables customers to take advantage of a diverse ecosystem of pre-validated security solutions. This reduces both the risk and the complexity of implementing sophisticated mail and security systems, ultimately empowering the cloud-capable enterprise with a faster, easier and less disruptive solution.
"As a VMware alliance partner, Symantec provides Zimbra customers with a complete messaging security solution that they can easily implement," said Rob Greer, senior director, Symantec Corporation. "Symantec Brightmail Gateway is a VMware Ready(TM) virtual appliance that can run on VMware vSphere, making Brightmail Gateway the 'go-to' choice for an effective and accurate messaging security platform that Zimbra customers can easily deploy in about 20 minutes."
VMware Ready Mail Security partners receive full access to Zimbra and information on best practices for development and deployment. After completing the validation process, providers are qualified to use VMware Ready logo materials and collateral that designate VMware's highest level of endorsement for partner products. VMware Ready products are easy for customers to identify when comparing solutions. Additionally, the ease of use for partners and customers alike is due to Zimbra's commitment to being an open platform to encourage innovation.
"Security has always been a top priority for VMware and Zimbra customers, and we're now able to bring best-of-breed email security vendors to those customers in a simplified, reliable way," said John Robb, senior director, Zimbra products and marketing, VMware. "We listened to the security needs of our customers and developed this program to leverage VMware vSphere(TM) to provide simple, powerful security solutions from a variety of leading vendors."
"As a leader in email and virtual appliance security, Trend Micro has long realized the importance of being validated as VMware Ready and fully supported on VMware vSphere. This recent validation of VMware Ready for Mail Security furthers our alliance with VMware, and helps our channel and service provider partners who sell Zimbra have a complete email and email security virtual appliance solution from trusted security and virtualization leaders," said Rohit Gupta, senior director, global alliances, Trend Micro. "Now, customers can quickly and easily select the best security options for their email."
VMware Ready Mail Security provides:
- Simplified Security - Provides simplified delivery of a secure email and collaboration solution with mail security products that have been validated with Zimbra.
- Integrated Solutions - Drives consistency in deployment and performance, eases support and accelerates delivery of a secure and private email and collaboration cloud.
- Leading-edge Products - Enables partners in the VMware Ready Mail Security Program early access to future requirements and upcoming Zimbra products. Partners also receive the latest technical information and learn about product enhancements as a means to develop the best solutions for customers.
- SpamTitan - SpamTitan Virtual Appliance
- Halon Security - Virtual SPAM Prevention
- InBoxer - InBoxer Intelligent Message Archive
- Proofpoint - Proofpoint Enterprise Protection and Proofpoint
- Enterprise Privacy
- Sendmail - Sendmail Sentrion MPV
- Softnext Technologies Corporation - SPAM SQR
- Symantec - Brightmail Gateway Virtual Edition
- Trend Micro - Interscan Messaging Security Virtual Appliance