Pano Logic, the leader in zero client desktop virtualization, today announced that its Pano System 3.5 and zero client Pano Device have achieved VMware Ready status. This designation indicates that Pano Logic's Pano System 3.5 all-in-one hardware and software solution for zero client computing has passed a detailed evaluation and testing process managed by VMware and is now listed on the VMware View Hardware Compatibility List.
Passing the extensive VMware-specified testing helps ensure that the Pano System 3.5 and Pano Device are able to take full advantage of the power and flexibility of VMware technology and are ready for deployment in customer environments.
"We are pleased that Pano System 3.5 qualifies for the VMware Ready logo, signifying to customers that it has passed specific VMware testing and interoperability criteria and is ready to run in production environments," said Bernie Mills, senior director, alliance programs, VMware.
"By using our Pano System 3.5 and companion zero client Pano Device with VMware View 4.5, enterprises can extend all the way to the desktop the tremendous savings and efficiency they're realizing from their virtualized infrastructure with the knowledge that their entire system has been optimized and fully compatible," said John Kish, CEO of Pano Logic. "We are working closely with VMware to ensure our customers have the best solutions available to fully centralize and manage their computing resources and dramatically slash their computing total cost of ownership by as much as 80 percent."
The VMware Ready program is a VMware co-branding program for qualified partner products and is a benefit of the VMware Technology Alliance Partner (TAP) program. With more than 1,600 members worldwide, the VMware TAP program works with best-of-breed technology partners to provide them a comprehensive set of VMware technical and marketing services, support, tools and expertise to deliver enhanced value to joint customers.
Pano Logic's Pano System 3.5 can be found within the online VMware Partner Product Catalog at http://wwwa.vmware.com/partnercatalog/catalog/. Hardware products can be found within the online VMware Hardware Compatibility List at http://www.vmware.com/resources/compatibility/search
About Pano Logic Zero Client Computing
- Pano Logic solves major problems created by distributed PCs, limited terminal services, and repurposed thin clients or related architectures, while providing end users with the best possible user experience, and IT managers with a simple, open hypervisor-independent platform to deliver desktop computing.
- End users connect to their virtual machine via a zero client that contains no processor, no operating system, no memory, no drivers, no firmware, no software and no moving parts. This represents a major paradigm shift away from highly complex and costly PC and thin client architectures.
- Pano Logic's patent-pending technology, Pano Direct, simplifies a very complex desktop computing environment by virtually stretching the I/O connection over the network enabling the desktop virtual machine to deliver a native Windows desktop, eliminating the need for costly, failure-prone protocols.
- Radical centralization using the Pano Logic zero client platform drastically reduces computing TCO by as much as 80 percent by completely eliminating endpoint management and security risks, and reducing energy consumption by as much as 95%. As a result, companies adopting it can tackle both budgetary and green IT initiatives.
- The Pano zero client platform delivers on the promise of cloud computing by opening the way for a PC-like user experiences on endpoints that are completely independent of processor architectures, protocol limitations, and unmanageable software stacks.
The Pano System is a complete end-to end virtual desktop solution which includes the Pano Manager, a virtual machine manager and connection broker, the unique Pano Device zero client endpoint hardware, and Pano Direct, providing the connection to completely centralized virtual desktops. The Pano System starts a $319 per seat and is also available in a pre-configured, pre-loaded all-in 50-user suite, Pano Express, combining VMware vSphere Essentials, Microsoft Windows 7/XP licenses, and HP server and storage hardware with Pano Logic's award-winning zero client platform.