, a leading European IT solutions provider, and SolarWinds, a leading provider of powerful and affordable IT management solutions
to more than 97,000 customers worldwide, today announced enhanced monitoring and management support for virtualized data centre environments. As a result of the recently announced relationship between the two companies, Magirus resellers will now be able to build upon Magirus' vBundle Infrastructure Packages by offering their end customers access to SolarWinds' network, data center and virtualization management solutions.
SolarWinds is a part of Magirus' Data Centre strategy which is designed to help resellers better serve their customers and drive increased revenue from next generation data centre models; especially those converging virtualization, storage, networking and server technologies to create unified data centre and private cloud computing offerings.
vBundle Infrastructure Packages deliver an integrated IT offering that combine best-in-class compute & virtualization, networking, storage, security and management technologies to enable rapid virtualization deployment. Magirus has partnered with some of the leading hardware suppliers in the IT industry including Cisco, EMC, & VMware to create pre-packaged, scalable vBundle solutions for the small to mid-size business market. The solutions are built around:
- Compute - Cisco UCS C200 Servers
- Storage - EMC Clariion AX4, Celerra NX4 Arrays
- Switching -Cisco MDS 9000 Series, Catalyst 2900 Series, Nexus 5000, Nexus 1000v
- Connectivity Options - CIFS/iSCSI and NFS with FC or FCoE
"With vBundle infrastructure Packages, organizations of any size can rapidly deploy a comprehensive virtual data center infrastructure while lowering risk and operating expenses. We now have the opportunity to combine vBundle offerings with SolarWinds' enterprise network, data center and virtualization management solutions," said Christian Magirus, executive vice president and COO of Magirus. "As a result, our resellers can offer an end-to-end hardware solution with a management solution that is easy-to-deploy, easy-to-use and a significant value to their end customers.
SolarWinds supports end-to-end data center management
Whether the data centre consists of a few physical servers and storage arrays or thousands of virtual machines, virtual switches, and multi-vendor storage, SolarWinds offers a complete and scalable data centre management solution for the data centre network, storage and computing infrastructure.
SolarWinds' flagship Orion family of IT management solutions combined with SolarWinds Profiler storage and virtualization management suite delivers:
- Unified visibility across the compute, storage, network, and applications elements of the data center
- Real-time performance management of the physical and virtual infrastructure
- Out-of-the-box reporting on data center health, performance, and storage capacity
- Automated configuration and change management for multi-vendor network devices
Specifically, the latest release of SolarWinds' Orion Network Performance Monitor offers the following new features that provide unique support to Magirus' vBundle offering and data centre deployments, including:
- Cisco UCS support - Monitor virtual interfaces, fabric interconnects, chassis and blade servers and rack-mount servers in your Cisco UCS environment.
- Dynamic Service Groups - Simplifies monitoring of large and complex IT environments by grouping network devices by any category and rolling up network performance and service-level status by location, business center, or any other grouping.
- Integrated Virtual Infrastructure Monitor - Provides deep visibility into virtualized environments by monitoring virtualization from the data center, to clusters, to ESX hosts, to the virtual machine.
- Conditional Group Dependencies - Prioritize network problems with intelligent network alerts based on parent and child dependencies.
- VSAN and Fibre Channel views - Get ahead of any VSAN performance issues with real-time, threshold based alerting and create reports to share VSAN health; ensure Fibre Channel interconnect performance between SANs.