Brocade today announced a joint demonstration with Dell and VMware at West 2011 Conference and Exposition in San Diego, Calif., the largest event on the West Coast for communications, electronics, intelligence, information systems, military weapon systems, aviation and shipbuilding.
The joint demonstration at AFCEA West will feature a multi-vendor approach to systems design. Brocade, Dell and VMware have used commercial off-the-shelf products to engineer a sophisticated infrastructure model that can support thousands of VDI clients. By leveraging virtualization layers, such as VMware View™, replication from Dell, and Data Center Ethernet fabric switches from Brocade, customers gain the flexibility of an open platform that delivers higher-performance and lower capital expenditures. This promotes open competition and helps ensure the federal government receives the best value for its IT spending.
Highlighted in the VDI demonstration:
- Brocade VDX 6720 Switches that create Ethernet fabrics, utilizing IEEE Data Center Bridging and TRILL
- Use of Dell thin clients to protect sensitive information and reduce the “threat from within”
- Dell Equalogic storage
- Dell Replication Software Suite
- Integration of VMware View VDI client desktop virtualization software
- Virtualized VMware ESX vSphere™ servers on Dell platforms
- Standards-based Layer 2-7 Performance Monitoring Tools by InMon
Please visit booth #1609 to see a full demonstration.