At VMware Partner Exchange 2011, VMware, Inc., the global leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure, today announced new specializations, certification, solution competency and toolkits designed to help partners deliver enterprise hybrid cloud solutions. With more than 3,300 attendees from around the world – 27 percent growth compared to 2010 – as well as more than 65 sponsors and exhibitors including Arrow ECS, Avnet, Carahsoft, Cisco, Dell, EMC, HP, IBM, Ingram Micro, Intel, Juniper Networks, NetApp, Tech Data, Trend Micro, VCE, Veeam Software and Wyse Technology, VMware Partner Exchange 2011 is the industry’s premier event for partners delivering virtualization and cloud solutions to customers.
“In 2010, we outlined our vision for taking customers on a journey to the cloud as the industry continues its shift toward IT as a Service,” said Carl Eschenbach, co-president, customer operations, VMware. “Our partners are on the frontlines in delivering this vision to customers, and VMware Partner Exchange 2011 is about educating partners and arming them with the right mix of programs and tools to help them become trusted advisers within the new hybrid cloud paradigm – teaching them how to provide solutions across the new IT stack today while preparing them for how customers will consume IT in the future.”
VMware Enhances Partner Expertise with New Specializations, Certification and Solution Competency
In an effort to further increase partner revenue streams, VMware is introducing new specializations, certification and solution competency:
- Academic and Federal Specializations: VMware now offers specializations that distinguish and reward partners globally for their vertical market expertise. Solution providers, corporate resellers, system integrators and outsourcers that focus on academic and U.S. Federal government customers are eligible for these specializations.
- Desktop Certification: The new three-tier VMware desktop certification validates and recognizes individuals with the education, experience and expertise needed to implement virtual desktops. The first tier, VMware Certified Associate 4 - Desktop, is in beta and will be generally available in April 2011. The VMware Certified Professional 4 - Desktop and Certified Advanced Professional - Desktop certifications will follow later in 2011.
- Virtualization of Business Critical Applications Solution Competency: This new solution competency will focus on enabling partners to migrate their customers’ business-critical applications and infrastructures to virtualized environments. This solution competency is designed to help partners be better equipped to move their customers toward 100 percent virtualized environments.
VMware Accelerates Partner Profitability and Time to Market with Additional Solution Enablement Toolkits
VMware launched Solution Enablement Toolkits (SETs) in September 2010, and since then, more than 26,000 SET documents have been downloaded. At Partner Exchange 2011, VMware is introducing seven new SETs within the three current SET libraries:
- Infrastructure Virtualization Library: VMware vSphere® Plan and Design; Virtualization Assessment
- Desktop Library: VMware ThinApp™ Plan and Design; VMware Optimization Kit for Windows 7; VMware View™ Plan and Design
- Business Continuity Library: VMware vCenter™ Site Recovery Manager Accelerator; VMware vCenter Site Recovery Manager Plan and Design
As a benefit to partners achieving solution competencies, VMware will continue to make certain SETs available to partners at no charge, including VMware vSphere Upgrade, VMware vSphere Jumpstart, VMware View Pilot, Desktop Virtualization Assessment and VMware vCenter Site Recovery Manager Jumpstart.
VMware Delivers on Its Promise to Provide Partners Opportunities for Success and Demonstrates Record Momentum with Partner University
VMware Partner University had an unprecedented 2010 in partner training, certification and accreditation:
- More than 150,000 individuals were trained via VMware Partner University
- More than 4,000 individuals achieved a VMware solution competency
- More than 75,000 individuals received VMware Sales Professional accreditations and 38,000 achieved VMware Technical Sales Professional accreditations
- More than 35,000 individuals achieved a VMware Certified Professional (VCP) level 3 or level 4 certification
- More than 33,000 individuals attended vmLIVE sessions to learn about new products and programs
- More than 6,000 individuals attended SolutionTrack, Tech Express and Partner Briefing events
- More than 32,000 individuals attended VMware classroom training sessions
VMware Delivers Renewal Rebates, Sales Rewards and Solution Rewards
VMware will also offer enhanced reward programs and offerings in its ongoing commitment to enabling partners to deliver cloud solutions:
- Renewal Systems and Rebates: Beginning in April 2011, VMware partners’ renewal business will be incorporated into the Partner Rewards quarterly rebate program.
- VMware Sales Rewards: Designed to reward accredited sales representatives within the VMware solution provider community for sales and training activities, VMware is announcing Sales Rewards – a points-based rewards program enabling partners to earn and redeem points for merchandise, gift cards, travel experiences and more.
- Solution Rewards: Momentum continues for the Solution Rewards incentive program, with more than 1,700 partners now participating. Solution Rewards is designed to accelerate profitability of partners who have invested in VMware Solution Competencies and demonstrated their capabilities by selling VMware’s new and emerging solutions.