Leostream Corporation, a leading developer of virtual hosted desktop software, today launched its Leostream Mobile Desktops service, which provides fully functional, personalizable, and persistent public cloud hosted desktops. Leostream Mobile Desktops brings secure, reliable access to cloud desktops from any client device. Unlike other solutions on the market, Leostream Mobile Desktops are available for a low monthly fee, have no up-front commitments, and can be cancelled at any time.
Leostream Mobile Desktops revolutionizes the desktop service market with its ease-of-use and manageability, including:
- Personalized and persistent: Leostream Mobile Desktops are neither shared nor temporary. Every user can personalize their desktop, adding any applications and data they require. Desktop data and personalization persist until the desktop is deleted. Users and businesses never need to manage roaming profiles or third-party solutions for personalization management.
- Inexpensive and hassle-free with no commitment: Leostream Mobile Desktops are available for $20 a month with no up-front fees or long term contracts.
- Secure and reliable: Leostream Mobile Desktops are built on the Amazon EC2 infrastructure, which is committed to 99.95% availability, and provides mechanisms for securing hosted desktops. In addition, Leostream simplifies and secures the cloud desktop login using an encrypted, single-use token to authenticate users into their desktops, providing the benefits of single-click sign-on while ensuring security.
- Available anytime, anywhere, from any device: Leostream Mobile Desktops are accessible anywhere with internet connectivity. Users can connect to their Leostream Mobile Desktops from an iOS device using the Leostream Connect application for Apple® iPad®, iPhone®, and iPod touch® mobile devices. With the unique Ericom® AccessNow™ HTML5 RDP client, Leostream Mobile Desktops are accessible from almost any end-point device that has internet connectivity, including laptops, locked-down PCs, thin clients, Chromebooks, Google Android™ devices, RIM® Blackberry® Smartphone and Playbook™, and more.
- Easy to manage: The Leostream Mobile Desktops Web interface simplifies creating, imaging, and deleting desktops in the cloud. Users can create new desktops in minutes. The interface includes details about each user’s account, including how long each desktop is used, and the current balance of the monthly bill.
“VDI hasn’t delivered the ROI required to make it feasible for small businesses, and has never been a consumer play”, said Michael Palin, CEO of Leostream. “With Leostream Mobile Desktops, we can leverage our expertise in VDI management to bring real cost savings and ease-of-use to these markets. With no up-front costs and our pay-for-what-you-use policies, suddenly desktops become available for consumers with iPads, small businesses that tried and rejected VDI, seasonal businesses with temporary desktop needs, managed service providers, classroom applications, you name it.”
Additional information can be found on the Leostream Mobile Desktops Web site. www.leostreamdesktops.com.