AppAssure Software, the global leader and award-winning provider of backup and replication software for virtual, physical and cloud environments, today announced its 18th consecutive record quarter of growth. Total revenue grew 196% in Q3 of
2011 over the same period in 2010, and total revenue for the third
quarter grew 18% over the previous quarter. These results reflect
AppAssure's surging momentum as the industry's fastest and most reliable
image-level and application-aware backup and replication solution for
both virtual (VMware vSphere, Microsoft Hyper-V Server and
XenServer) and physical environments.
This extraordinary growth is the result of AppAssure's focus
on listening to the needs of its customers and partners, and
consistently delivering innovative and ground-breaking technology that
"AppAssure's speed and ease of use are great and the
continuous backup makes recovery go really smoothly," said Dave Buzzell,
Sedona Group's CIO. "Our IT environment is constantly changing, and
only AppAssure has been able to keep up with it. We estimated that we
can keep three years of continuous backups just due to AppAssure's true
global deduplication and compression technology. That's amazing!"
According to Shawn Clark, CEO of Applied Network Solutions,
an AppAssure reseller partner, "Our customers are finding that legacy
backup and recovery approaches are not robust enough to meet their
ever-changing data and information management challenges. AppAssure's
unique continuous backup protection and advanced replication gives our
customers the confidence to know that they can backup and replicate
business-critical applications to any cloud -- private or public -- and
recover in minutes."
Highlights of AppAssure's milestones and successes in Q3 include:
- Product milestones:
Delivering near-zero RTO and 5-minute RPO with near-continuous backup
and recovery across multiple platforms, AppAssure's unique technology
- Live Recovery ™ - instant recovery technology with near-zero RTO and 5-minute RPO.
- Assured Recovery ™ - automatic
recovery testing and verification technology that sets a new standard in
data protection by assuring the recoverability of every backup.
- Universal recovery ™ -
cross-platform recovery that restores data volumes anywhere, from
virtual to physical, physical to virtual, virtual to virtual or physical
to physical (V2P, P2V, V2V or P2P, including bare metal recovery to
dissimilar hardware); includes granular object level recovery with
application-item and file-level recovery.
- Multi-hypervisor environments - backup and replication support for VMware vSphere, Microsoft Hyper-V Server and XenServer.
- Embedded deduplication and compression - minimizes consumption of network bandwidth with backup storage.
- Recipient of major awards:
- Inc. 500 - Inc. Magazine ranked AppAssure as the fastest growing company among all backup and disaster recovery software firms nationwide in 2011.
- 2011 CRN Emerging Technology Vendor - selected to the annual list that features the most innovative vendors.
- Customer wins:
- Alabama State Department of Education - improved
server failure recovery time from 24 hours to two minutes, reducing lost
downtime by 99.9%.
- Imler's Poultry - successfully mitigated million-dollar risks associated with loss of business-critical data.
- Pryor & Morrow Architects - restored critical data in less than
10 minutes while making sure business emails and data were continuously
- BCRA - eliminated its enormous and growing backup window,
implemented superior offsite replication and saved between 53-100% in
- Continued expansion of Reseller Partners, Technology Alliance Partners and staff:
- AppAssure grew its active reseller partners and MSPs
in Q3 by 27% driven by the partners' need for a unified virtual and
physical data protection product.
- Technology alliance with eFolder, a leading provider of cloud data
protection and business continuity services, that enables AppAssure
customers to replicate their applications to the cloud using eFolder's
highly secure, SAS 70 compliant data centers.
- AppAssure expanded its team by 33% in Q3, ranging from customer service, R&D, sales and marketing and human resources.
"Our ongoing extraordinary growth is the result of constantly
focusing on the needs of our customers and our partners and then
delivering the innovative technology which exceeds their backup and
recovery requirements," said Najaf Husain, AppAssure's President and
CEO. Husain stated, "We anticipate continued growth throughout the
fourth quarter as we focus on exceeding our customers' and partners'
To request a demo or free trial software, please visit http://go.appassure.com/free-trial
Pricing and Availability
AppAssure backup and replication software starts at $899 USD. For further information, please contact AppAssure Software at 1-866-459-6653 or visit the company's website at www.appassure.com.