This week, Login Consultants released Login VSI 3.5, a new version of the benchmarking tool
for VDI and SBC infrastructures. This update offers new analysis and comparison
possibilities and simplifies usage and deployment even
The virtualization market offers many choices and develops rapidly.
Many companies acknowledge that tests are necessary for making the right
decisions for their specific situation, but the complexity of these tests
prevents them from doing so. Login VSI provides insight in performance and
scalability of VDI and SBC environments by simulating user workloads. The
introduction of Login VSI 3.5 offers even more ease of use and enhanced analysis
“Login VSI is developed specifically for
(vendor) independent benchmarking of virtualized desktop infrastructures and is
becoming the worldwide industry standard for testing SBC and VDI
environments” said Jeroen van de Kamp, CTO Login
Consultants. “Almost every large vendor uses Login VSI for research and
development in their laboratory. This encouraged us to enhance
Login VSI with more options to gain detailed test results”.
Login VSI 3.5 is now officially available for download and introduces many new features and improvements:
The Launcher has been improved in many ways:
- Zero Footprint Launcher: It is no longer required to install Login VSI locally on every launcher because it is now possible to run the launcher from the central VSIshare.
- Pre/ post actions: Configure Login VSI to perform tests and actions automatically before and after tests.
- Command Line Usage Console: The command line option in the Login VSI console enables to start fully automated test cycles.
- Pause Test: It is now possible to pause a test.
- Improved load balancing of session initiation in parallel mode.
- Encryption of logfiles.
The Target offers several improvements:
- New workload Mash up mechanism has been improved: Workload mash up offers a more realistic user behavior.
- Logging: Debug logging contains more detail.
- Session Reporting: A session reports when it is successfully completed.
- Automatic Workload Reset: When a workload session is stuck, Login VSI will automatically reset this specific session.
RemoteFX Host Performance Counter Support: This new feature gives insight in the GPU bottlenecks, issues on the RemoteFX protocol level, and insight into the performance on both virtual machine level and hypervisor level.
The Analyzer has been dramatically enhanced:
- Scatter Chart: This new addition to the analyzer will help visualize trends during the test and allows to sort data on number of users and time.
- Full Support for Custom Performance Matrix: allows to include unlimited number of custom performance data.
- Compare Wizard: The new Compare Wizard enables to merge data from multiple tests in one chart to help visualize differences between tests.
- Zoom and Pan: The new zoom and Pan feature allows to zoom into the Login VSI chart to view the detailed results of the test.
- Command Line Usage Analyzer: The new command line option in the Analyzer enables to fully automate the process of analysis of data.
Visit www.loginvsi.com for a free trial version of Login VSI 3.5.