RES Software, the proven leader in dynamic desktop solutions, today announced its record growth for the third consecutive year, with fourth quarter bookings topping $14 million and product license sales up over 30 percent for the year. This success is the result of strategic product development, strong results from the global sales teams and the channel, and increased participation in top-tier technology partnerships. Throughout 2011, RES demonstrated its leadership in cutting desktop management costs, while providing IT the ability to monitor, manage and secure the end user’s workspace across an increasingly hybrid mix of delivery platforms and devices, including desktops, laptops, thin clients, virtual desktops and mobile devices.
Noteworthy figures for 2011 include:
- 100 percent increase in premiere channel partners in North America, now totaling 36 organizations and almost 100 trained and certified RES professionals nationwide
- Overall expansion in North America resulting in a 158 percent increase in bookings
- The EMEA region saw more than 60 new channel partners and 350 newly certified professionals
- An increasing emphasis on the UK market leading to a 136 percent increase in bookings
- A growing install base with customers in 27 countries worldwide
- 75 new employees hired globally to support market expansion
The following developments helped propel RES Software to success in 2011 and will enable the company to further support its quickly expanding global customer and partner base in the coming year:
- Global Organizational Expansion and Developments –RES Software accelerated its North American growth, building on momentum that was established on entering the market in 2009. Over the last year, the company has doubled the number of employees in North America and continued to invest heavily in key European countries, especially the UK.
- Product Innovation – Continued development and innovation resulted in the addition of a number of enhancements and new products to the RES Software award winning product portfolio, including the introduction of patented RES Virtual Desktop Extender, RES Workspace Manager 2011, and RES Dynamic Desktop Studio Lite. RES also launched its first cloud-based offering, the free RES Baseline Desktop Analyzer, giving IT administrators insight into their live user environments to help them plan for major migrations or other desktop projects. RES Workspace Manager Express was released to provide IT administrators the foundation to start managing user workspaces free of cost.
- Channel Partner and Customer Growth – The addition of many new customers and channel partners in 2011 contributed to increased license sales by RES Software. The company added more than 80 new value added resellers globally. RES saw tremendous growth within key verticals, including healthcare, financial services, insurance, education, government and legal. Strong support and maintenance programs supported significant deferred revenue growth as well.
- Solidified Technology Partner Relationships – Throughout 2011, RES Software continued to demonstrate its strong bond with some of the industry’s largest technology vendors, including Microsoft, Citrix and Intel. After announcing a strategic commitment to the Microsoft System Center family of products, RES was invited to showcase its products in the Microsoft Partner Solutions Center. Citrix also elevated the company’s standing within the Citrix Ready program, and RES played an important role in Intel’s Cloud Builders program and Intel’s Intelligent Desktop Virtualization initiatives throughout the year.
The continued rise of the “consumerization of IT” has workers accessing corporate computing resources via a range of different devices, including rich clients, tablets and smartphones, and through a variety of methods (traditional installation, remote and local virtualized delivery) across both private and public clouds. By managing desktop resources independently of devices, RES Software simplifies IT for organizations. More specifically, the unique context-aware capabilities of the company’s software provide greater control, compliance and intelligence during a time of unprecedented information access, regulatory concern and information overload.
“RES Software has continued to prosper and grow, and we are entering 2012 in a strong market position. The continued global expansion of our customer and partner bases serves as a clear validation of our deep understanding of the needs today’s IT organizations are facing,” said Klaus Besier, CEO of RES Software. “We’re looking forward to expanding our product range in 2012, and continuing to develop enterprise solutions that simplify IT is our ultimate goal. There has never been a time when IT had to be as flexible, secure and versatile as it is today, and we expect to build on our success and maintain momentum in the coming year and beyond.”