VirtualSharp Software, the leading provider of next generation automated Disaster Recovery solutions for private and public clouds, today announced that the world's leading IT analyst firm, Gartner, has selected it as a Cool Vendor in Gartner’s “Cool Vendors in Business Continuity Management and IT Disaster Recovery Management, 2012” report published on April 24, 2012 by Roberta J. Witty, John P Morency, Leif Eriksen and Daryl C. Plummer.
According to the Gartner report, “Managing a large-scale disaster, or a set of rolling assets as part of an organization's supply chain, often requires the analysis of a vast amount of data, from hundreds — if not thousands — of human and technical endpoints....Supporting short recovery time objectives with ever-shrinking investments and ever-expanding time constraints means that innovative ways of exercising recovery plans must be developed.”
"We believe being chosen as a Gartner Cool Vendor is a testament to the hard work and extreme customer focus of the VirtualSharp team,” said Carlos Escapa, Co-Founder and CEO of VirtualSharp Software. “As cloud computing gains momentum and more applications are hosted on new scalable infrastructure, we have set ourselves the task of solving a technically tough set of real world challenges around providing proper Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery in this new architecture. As our global traction grows, this recognition is an acknowledgement by the real subject matter experts of Gartner, that automated Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery is top of mind for a wide range of IT professionals."
VirtualSharp Software’s ReliableDR raises the bar significantly and sets a new standard with these new features:
- Multitenancy: end customers can take advantage of the economies of scale provided by the cloud by sharing Disaster Recovery testing resources, without needing dedicated infrastructure
- Application-specific SLAs: Recovery Time Objectives and Recovery Point Objectives can be set individually for each application
- Role-based access control: end customers can gain access to compliance data with a very granular access level. This allows application owners, auditors and compliance officers to independently verify the resilience of the IT services that they are responsible for, without compromising on security and confidentiality
- Web Oriented Architecture (WOA): access to test results is provided through web services that can be accessed from any mobile device, including smartphones and tablets
- Embeddable dashboard: leveraging WOA, ReliableDR provides an API to integrate the dashboard to implement administrative functions out of the hoster's portal, or embed them in their Disaster Recovery cloud governance tools that can be provided to end customers
For more on VirtualSharp Software’s RelaibleDR, visit: http://www.virtualsharp.com/products/product-overview.