the leader in desktop transformation solutions, today announced the
availability of the 5.0 virtual appliance version of its Stratusphere
FIT assessment and Stratusphere UX validation solutions. This milestone
release of the industry-leading assessment, design, and validation
software continues to break down barriers to successful Windows 7
migrations and virtual desktop projects. Delivering radical
improvements in ease-of-use, security, and performance, and packed with
enhancements to both metrics collection and reporting, Stratusphere
solutions now provide unparalleled clarity into the inner workings of
both physical and virtual desktops as well as related network and server
“We keep hearing about stalled projects, unpredictable VDI-cost
overruns, and miserable virtual desktop performance with unhappy users,”
said Jason Mattox, CTO of Liquidware Labs. “But the fact is, all of
these situations are very preventable with Liquidware Labs Stratusphere
solutions. By using Stratusphere FIT at the onset of a project and then
Stratusphere UX during migration and scaling, businesses have clear
indicators of the quality of the user experience and desktop
Unrivaled in sophistication and functionality, Liquidware Labs
Stratusphere FIT and Stratusphere UX have been and continue to be
essential components of successful virtual desktop environments.
Stratusphere FIT is the industry-leading assessment solution used by
today's largest system integrators and professional service
organizations worldwide including VMware®, Citrix®, Dell® and NetApp® as
well as hundreds of Liquidware Labs channel partners worldwide at
hundreds of customer sites.
Stratusphere UX tracks and correlates hundreds of metrics in near
real time for highly-accurate and objective measurement of user-desktop
experiences. Unlike solutions that monitor system resource consumption,
Stratusphere UX is highly specialized software that tracks metrics at
the user, machine and application levels as well as at the systems
level. Stratusphere UX also correlates this data to provide
Good/Fair/Poor ratings so administrators can easily gauge user
experiences and identify issues.
Improvements in Stratusphere 5.0 Virtual Appliance Components:
- Fortified security specifications satisfy rigorous federal, financial, healthcare, and Fortune 100 requirements.
- Support for para-virtualized drivers and scaling ability accelerates
performance while improving support for mixed-platform environments.
- New UI-based and console-based wizards reduce the time to configure and install the Stratusphere HUB to only 30 minutes.
Connector ID (CID) keys now have these new capabilities:
- Collect PCoIP display protocol metrics and counters per user
- Minimize resources needed for metrics collection on VMware View
- Capture user metrics for extremely short durations (five-second kiosk deployments) for the most comprehensive and accurate picture of the environment
New Assessment Features in Stratusphere FIT:
- “One Run” feature lets users set parameters once and run multiple or
all reports in a category at one time for better consistency and
- New “Assessment Report Packs” pre-group key reports into a single
view. Users set parameters once, select the reports to run, and reports
are delivered as a batch—significantly reducing the time to complete the
- Significantly improved export to Microsoft Excel assists easier independent data analysis.
New User-Experience Monitoring Features in Stratusphere UX:
- New PCoIP “Display Diagnostics Inspector” proactively monitors key
metrics such as image quality, data transfer rates, and round-trip
- Precise visibility into geographical location of thin clients or desktops.
- New “Health Check Report Pack” groups all critical diagnostic
reports in a single view; this pack is tailored to be used in
conjunction with the Liquidware Labs Health Check Methodology Guide.
- New “User-Experience Validation Report Pack” groups critical reports for comparing physical-to-virtual desktop performance.
- “User-Profile Summary Report” isolates users that are good
candidates for user virtualization as well as for the Liquidware Labs
ProfileUnity user virtualization and profile management solution.
- “Applications Installed vs. Used Report” helps to identify
applications that have been deployed but not used to recover licensing
and storage costs.
- Improved alerting on machine, host, network and storage metrics through RSS and SNMP.
“These enhancements are directly the result of input from customers
and partners, who wanted highly sophisticated functionality paired with
greater ease-of-use,” said Mattox. “We also applied what we learned
from customer health checks and their special use-cases to identify and
develop the most sought-after new features in this release.”
Stratusphere FIT and Stratusphere UX Integration with Enterprise Virtualization Solutions
Stratusphere UX provides highly-accurate, standardized metrics that
can be leveraged to add desktop monitoring to enterprise-level systems
software, such as IBM Tivoli/Netcool, HP OpenView and VMware vCenter
Operations Manager. Stratusphere UX is also recognized as an
industry-standard monitoring and diagnostics solution for Cisco
Validated Design for VXI.
Stratusphere FIT and Stratusphere UX are also both highly
complementary to VMware vCenter Operations Manager. A forthcoming
integration plug-in (beta adapter is in use today) feeds critical
end-user indicators such as User Log-in Time, Application Launch Time,
Application 'Hang' Rate (ANR), Network Latency, Network Connection
Failures, Guest Disk IOPS and Queues, % Paging, and the overall "Health
Index Score" into VMware vCenter Operations Manager. This adapter is
compatible and complementary to the VMware View adapter for vCenter
Operations Manager without overlap.
Integration with the Stratusphere FIT composite index score (“VDI
FIT”) allows the VMware vCenter Operations Manager for View module to
assess physical machines for migration to VMware View, directly from
within the solution at an Active Directory, group, user and application
“Virtual desktop environments are complicated,” said Mattox. “The
only way to proceed confidently through deployment is to have accurate
data for informed decisions at every step. Over-simplified point
solutions just will not deliver the results businesses need. Liquidware
Labs Stratusphere solutions not only address the totality of the
environment, but also boil down measurements and data into
understandable reports and dashboards. Our Stratusphere 5.0 release
takes another giant step toward making migration to physical and virtual
desktops transparent to the user and feasible for the masses.”