Microsoft has announced that a new beta version of its Microsoft Virtual Machine Converter Plug-in for VMware vSphere Client version 1.0 is now available on Microsoft Connect.
Microsoft Virtual Machine Converter (MVMC) Plug-in for VMware vSphere
Client is a Microsoft-supported solution for IT pros or solution
providers who want to convert VMware-based virtual machines to Microsoft
Hyper-V-based virtual machines from vSphere Client. This plug-in
extends vSphere Client to facilitate conversions from a virtual machine
context menu and without changing configurations on the source VMware
The latest version builds upon Microsoft Virtual Machine Converter release
For more details about which guest operating systems are supported, see the Microsoft Virtual Machine Converter documentation:http://connect.microsoft.com/site14/Downloads/DownloadDetails.aspx?DownloadID=42754.
- Converts and deploys virtual machines from VMware hosts to Hyper-V hosts running:
- Windows Server 2012 Release Candidate
- Microsoft Hyper-V Server 2012 Release Candidate
- Adds virtual network interface cards (NICs) to the converted virtual machine on Hyper-V.
- Configures dynamic memory on the converted virtual machine.
- Supports migration of virtual machines that are hosted on a vSphere cluster.
- Supports migration of virtual machines to a Hyper-V host that is part of a failover cluster.
- Enables Microsoft partners to cobrand the tool so that it incorporates their logos.