Contributed by Brad Rowland, Senior Director Endpoint Management & Mobility at Symantec
The huge increase in employee-owned Apple and Android devices entering the workplace (a la Bring Your Own Device – BYOD) and the increasing requirement to be able to build, buy, and distribute custom corporate mobile apps introduces many challenges for IT. Here’s what we’re hearing in BYOD discussions:
Are these BYOD - mobile app challenges affecting your team?
- Limited ability to deploy mobile applications across platforms
- Lack of mobile app-specific security controls
- No corporate to personal data separation on apps
- No way to manage app authentication
- No native way to prevent “copy/paste” from apps
Instead of managing the complete device of end-user, organizations are seeking innovative ways to manage and secure specific mobile apps and their related mobile data. Symantec Nukona App Center provides a complete set of capabilities that IT needs for securing, deploying and managing mobile apps on corporate owned and employee liable devices.
Check out this in depth video series on how the Symantec Nukona App Center works to help organizations manage mobile apps including:
- How to easily upload mobile apps to the Nukona App Center console and create the required security policies on a per-application basis.
- Wrap a layer of security and policy management around any application (“app wrapping”) without any coding required.
- Erase corporate data on demand without affecting any of the user’s personal data on their device.
- Enforce key security controls including mobile app user authentication, data encryption, off-line access, prevent copy/paste, and content sharing between apps.
Nukona Video Index