Veeam Software Group, innovative provider of backup, replication and virtualization management solutions for VMware vSphere and Windows Server Hyper-V, today announced strong results and a new milestone in customer growth for the third quarter of 2012. Total bookings revenue grew 43 percent in the third quarter of 2012 compared to the same period in 2011, and new license bookings revenue increased 30 percent over the same period. At the same time, the company reported reaching the milestone of 50,000 customers worldwide.
“We’re very happy to have reached the milestone of 50,000 customers just six years after our founding, as this represents strong validation of the quality and innovation in our products,” said Ratmir Timashev, Veeam President and CEO. “It’s great to see the success our customers and partners are having, especially with our Backup & Replication product, the industry leader for VMware and Hyper-V backup and data protection.”
Highlights of the third quarter include:
- Customers – Veeam added 7,000 new customers in Q3 and reached the 50,000 customer milestone worldwide during the quarter.
- Awards – Veeam products and customers’ success were recognized with several awards at VMworld :
- Veeam Backup Free Edition won “Best Free Tool” from Virtualization Review
- Veeam customer Tiger Wheel & Tyre won “Best virtualization and server consolidation project” as well as overall “Best of Show” at VMworld Europe
- Veeam customer Catalent Pharma Solutions won “Best virtualization for disaster recovery project” at VMworld Europe for its use of VMware vSphere 4.1 and Veeam Backup & Replication
- Products – At VMworld Europe Veeam announced that Veeam Backup & Replication 6.5 will be available in Q4 of this year. The new version will include new restore capabilities for Microsoft Exchange, and HP StoreVirtual VSA and LeftHand snapshots. Another significant addition is support for VMware vSphere® 5.1 and Windows Server 2012 Hyper-V, making Veeam the first vendor to support both new hypervisor platforms.