Splashtop Inc., the worldwide leader in cross-device computing, today launched Splashtop for Business – a secure, high-performance solution for organizations to provide and manage remote access for their mobile workforce. Employees on the go can now remotely access office productivity applications and data from their mobile devices as if they were in front of their computers.
"As the consumerization of IT takes hold, technical innovation is shifting from the data center to the employee,” said Simon Bramfitt, founder and principal analyst with Entelechy Associates. “Individual employees are taking advantage of BYOD programs to extend work from the desktop to the coffee shop and to their homes. Splashtop for Business offers businesses of all sizes a way to support the growing use of mobile devices both in the workplace and in remote places, providing the ease-of-use employees have come to expect, and the security controls that a business demands."
Splashtop for Business provides IT departments with an easy-to-deploy on-premise solution to address the growing use of mobile devices in the work place by combining industry leading high performance and an intuitive user interface with a management console. As the only solution in the marketplace with broad platform support including iOS, Android, and Windows 8, Splashtop for Business is the perfect bridge for users to access their data and programs while ensuring interoperability.
“Given the sensitivity of our data it was essential we find a remote desktop solution that allowed secure access to our system both in the field and in the courtroom,” said Velta Moisio, Information Technology Director for the Lake County Juvenile Court in Painesville, Ohio. “Splashtop for Business not only provides our employees with the flexibility to safely access their computers but it also allows us to stay within our budget by eliminating the need for additional server resources or licensing expenses. By improving our efficiency and reducing our operating costs, we are able to more effectively put taxpayer dollars to use in our community. ”
Since early August, Splashtop has offered prospective users a preview version of Splashtop for Business through its Early Access Program. In just a few months, an astounding 10,000 businesses joined the program.
“An active and vocal portion of our ten million customers have been asking for an enterprise-ready version of Splashtop,” said Mark Lee, Splashtop CEO and co-founder. “We are delivering Splashtop for Business, which extends employees’ productivity beyond the office and gives businesses peace of mind with a secure, high-performance remote desktop solution.”
With its broad device support, Splashtop for Business also allows IT departments the ability to establish more efficient mobility strategies to lower their IT costs and increase the productivity and overall satisfaction of their workforce.
Addressing the Needs of Today’s Enterprises
Companies participating in the Early Access Program have been using the preview version of Splashtop for Business to meet a variety of business needs:
- Mobile VPN replacement
- High-performance alternative to RDP, VNC, Citrix
- IT remote support solution
- Mobile interactive whiteboard
- BYOD (bring your own device) and work from home solution
- High performance 3D and CAD/CAM remote mobile solution
- “Tabletization” of MS Office software and legacy corporate software
- “Last mile” extension for VDI and RDP environments
- Sharing resources among employees
Splashtop for Business offers:
- On-premise server: secure management console Installed behind the corporate firewall
- Hardened security: SSL/AES encryption with signed certificates, audit trail with detailed connection records
- Rapid deployment: deployment in as little as 1 hour; no need to modify IT infrastructure
- Legacy support: support for existing applications to run on mobile devices
- Pooling: grouping of desktop images for shared use and ease of management
- Active Directory (AD): integration with existing AD database
- High performance: up to 30 frames per second video and less than 30-millisecond latency
- Intuitive interface: simple gestures implemented for touch-based mobile devices
- Self-optimizing network: optimal use of bandwidth on a 3G, 4G or Wifi network
- Multi-platform: support for all major platforms, including Windows, Mac, iOS and Android
Availability and Pricing
Splashtop for Business is available for purchase at the Splashtop website at www.splashtop.com/business#pricing-tab. Pricing starts at $2,400 for up to 25 seats as an introductory offer.