SolarWinds, a leading provider of powerful and affordable IT management software, today announced the launch of its "Big Hairy Sweepstakes," a Facebook-based contest in which IT pros vote on four short videos of the most obnoxious help desk stories for a chance to win an enormous beastly wall cling to guard the help desk from more ridiculous queries.
From April 17 to May 3, IT pros can log on to the Facebook contest page and cast their votes for one of four detestable characters that bother their IT help desk manager with zany issues. Choose from:
- The Know-It-All - Have you ever had a user think he knows more than you? The nerve!
- The Paranoid User - Everyone is out to get this guy and only you can stop them!
- The Horror Story - We're sure you've seen some disgusting things on the job...
- The Boss' Son - When you have to stop everything important and deal with this guy.
Brought to you from the geeky minds of SolarWinds, this contest chronicles characters that seemingly every IT help desk has had to deal with at one time or another. As quirky as some of the end-users above are, all are inspired by actual help desk tickets.
Sweepstakes voters will be entered to win one of eight monstrous, wild-eyed wall clings and will be announced on the SolarWinds Facebook page May 6. Participants must be legal residents of the United States to be entered to win in this sweepstakes.
While IT pros unfortunately can't always keep goofy end-users at bay, they can use a number of IT management tools, such as SolarWinds Web Help Desk, to triage and manage end-user complaints and IT incidents more efficiently.
SolarWinds Web Help Desk is a powerful, yet simple, help desk ticketing software that helps make an IT pro's life easier:
- Automatically converts service request emails into trouble tickets
- Leverages flexible and dynamic business rules to allow unlimited routing and ticket update automation
- Saves time by automating ticket creation for common and repetitive service requests
- Builds parent-child relationships between tickets to simplify incident and problem management
- Links service tickets to asset details for effective ticketing and asset management
- Leverages help desk integration with network management system (NMS) to convert node failure issues directly to service tickets
- Simplifies ticket management with graphical and intuitive Ticketing Dashboard
- Leverages the advantage of Dynamic Ticket Forms for clients to create IT tickets
- Imports service tickets from old, legacy system
In addition to Web-based ticketing, SolarWinds Web Help Desk also delivers powerful change management, IT asset management, and knowledge base features.
Pricing and Availability:
SolarWinds Web Help Desk starts at $695 (USD) and includes a year of maintenance. For more information, including a downloadable, free 30-day evaluation trial, visit the SolarWinds Web Help Desk website or call 866.530.8100.