Simplexo has been granted a new patent by the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO). The patent -- entitled Improved Search Engine -- offers unprecedented search capabilities for users by leveraging Boolean and semantic search technologies to deliver enhanced search results. Users can search across clouds and within content and document details to obtain relevant and accurate search results.
"Our search is highly intuitive and delivers filtered, contextual results rather than merely just delivering the results based on the number of word occurrences," stated Simon Bain, CTO of Simplexo. "Results are based on both the keywords and overall relevance to the query. The technology allows for word order to be changed around and reversed for enhanced search. For example, searching for 'summer vacation memos' would search for the exact phrase, the words in any order, related terms such as travel, holiday and messages within documents."
- Cross-Cloud Search: The technology improves the native search technology in back-office applications such as Exchange and cloud services including Box.net, Dropbox and Google Drive, delivering secure and fast cross-cloud search, providing users access to multiple cloud service accounts in one place.
- Optimized for Mobile: A simple search phrase is used rather than needing to input multiple phrases delivering a more relevant result set. Mobile users can more easily navigate a search using the limited display size. Federating across multiple services also enables mobile users to manage their time and screen more effectively. With our unique security added to the search, mobile users can now find and access their information in complete privacy knowing that it is secured, both in transit and at rest.
- Better Boolean Search: The patented technology enables a Boolean search to be placed on one or more sources with the input of a simple search term, word or phrase. The search term is converted into a complex, "advanced" search query and then relayed to one or more data sources. Databases can be searched by mixed fields, with each word being targeted separately.
- Data De-duplication: Prior to being displayed to the user, SearchYourCloud's search results are de-duplicated. Redundant results are eliminated, including multiple versions of the same document to deliver only the newest and most relevant results.
Simon Bain, SearchYourCloud CTO
- "The Improved Search Engine patent confirms SearchYourCloud as a leader in the search and application space and puts users in control of their data. SearchYourCloud's technology enhances users' productivity and lets users find and secure their data in one, fast step. Unlike other search engines our applications can find emails with a 'to' and 'from' name, and subject or content body without the user having to type in too many different search boxes. It can also find content from more than one source effortlessly and de-duplicate the results."