, setting the standard for
protection, recovery and migration of data in cloud and virtualized
datacenters, today announced that it greatly surpassed 2014 targets,
recording 140 percent revenue growth while doubling its customer base to
800 customers in 38 countries. To support this international growth,
the company opened multiple new offices including offices in the United
Kingdom and in Australia. Zerto also increased its partner base to 500
worldwide channel partners and 170 cloud service providers.
“Zerto’s tremendous growth in 2014 demonstrates how Zerto Virtual
Replication has disrupted the traditional hardware-centric market for
disaster recovery,” said Ziv Kedem, co-founder and CEO, Zerto. “In 2015,
we’ll continue to keep enterprise and cloud IT running 24/7 by
expanding our business continuity solutions to include BCDR for
Microsoft Hyper-V and Amazon Web Services. Using Zerto Virtual
Replication, hundreds of enterprises around the world will be able to
select their IT infrastructure based solely on their business needs,
regardless of underlying storage, hypervisor or cloud provider.”
In 2014, Zerto also reached the following milestones:
- Closed a $26 million round of Series D financing. New investor
Harmony Partners led the financing, with participation by all current
investors, which include Battery Ventures, Greylock IL (now 83North),
RTP Ventures and U.S. Venture Partners.
- Introduced offsite backup capabilities, as part of Zerto Virtual
Replication 3.5, a new model of data protection combining replication,
continuous data protection (CDP) and long-term retention at the target
- Announced Zerto Virtual Replication for Amazon Web Services (AWS)
and Microsoft Hyper-V, bringing the same level of enterprise-class data
protection to customers regardless of their underlying infrastructure.
Some additional features of Zerto Virtual Replication for AWS and
- Hypervisor agnostic replication – including from VMware vSphere to Microsoft Hyper-V and from VMware vSphere to AWS
- No snapshots – Zerto Virtual Replication uses continuous data protection to minimize impact on the production environment
- Automated orchestration of disaster recovery processes for application consistency
- Simple management interface for KPIs and reporting on DR failovers and tests
- Increased the number of channel partners in the Zerto Alliance Partner Program – which enables companies to implement this powerful approach to BC/DR – by more than 83 percent to 500.
- Launched online partner training empowering more than 1,250 channel
partner training certifications earned; 810 technical, 440 sales.
- Launched new partner portal.
- Grew the channel team at Zerto to include Channel Account Managers
and Field Marketing Managers worldwide helping to support the growing
- Expanded the Zerto Cloud Ecosystem to 170 cloud providers who are revolutionizing DR by using Zerto Virtual Replication to power their cloud DR offerings.
- Expanded its customer base across new verticals including finance, healthcare, manufacturing and oil and gas.
“Ensuring the availability of our infrastructure across Europe is
critical,” said Thomas Zimmerman, infrastructure manager for Europe,
Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Group. “Zerto Virtual Replication was the
only solution we found that delivered very aggressive service levels,
provided application consistency for SAP and did not require significant
set-up, scripting or ongoing management to keep it operational. The
simplicity of the product combined with its power makes it the best
solution to deliver disaster recovery for our European operations.”
A World of Uninterrupted Technology
In 2015, Zerto is focused on dramatically improving IT service
continuity by supporting the ability for enterprises to move application
workloads successfully between any hypervisor, cloud or storage
environment. The key to hybrid cloud acceptance in the market is the
movement of applications between clouds whether private, public or a
hybrid of the two. Application mobility in the hybrid cloud needs to be
seamless and easy to manage to ensure consistency of the applications
across the entire datacenter. Zerto enables this through the Zerto Cloud
Continuity Platform. Continuity in the context of cloud deployments
refers to the ability to use any underlying storage, hypervisor or cloud
provider. By adding offsite backup and support for Microsoft Hyper-V
and Amazon Web Services to Zerto Virtual Replication, Zerto is
demonstrating its emphasis on giving customers the freedom to choose
datacenter components exclusively based on service levels and business