Unlike physical desktops where performance issues on a desktop affects one user, performance issues with Citrix technologies impact hundreds to thousands of users. In addition, slowness in tiers that the Citrix admin does not control (i.e. Vmware vSphere, storage, network, etc.) can also affect the user experience. Therefore, performance monitoring is one of the most critical operations functions in a Citrix infrastructure to maintain peak application performance and a positive user experience.
Download this white paper to discover many of the key considerations for an effective Citrix performance monitoring system for any organization deploying and managing Citrix XenApp and XenDekstop. Some of these considerations include:
- Server monitoring is necessary but not sufficient for Citrix performance monitoring
- Managing user experience is a must
- Visibility into Citrix XenApp and XenDesktop usage and performance is essential
- Monitoring of the Citrix Delivery Controller's performance is important
- To prove "It's Not Citrix", you need visibility beyond the Citrix Tiers
- Monitoring Citrix as a service vs. silos