Dell EMC today announced that ScaleIO—the company’s hyper-converged software-defined storage offering—has been awarded StorageReview’s first-ever Editor’s Choice award. Intended for the most leading-edge products, the Editor’s Choice award is a rare honor, and one that ScaleIO earned over several months of intensive testing in the StorageReview lab.
“We were blown away with the Dell EMC ScaleIO solution throughout the review process,” said Brian Beeler, editor-in-chief of StorageReview. “Dell EMC ScaleIO is far and away the most impressive storage solution that we've not only seen this year, but probably ever. The performance, flexibility and reliability of ScaleIO is nothing short of astounding. Over the course of several months, it also made us rethink the way we acknowledge such superior performance. At the conclusion of this phase of the review, we decided to launch a StorageReview Editor's Choice award that will be judiciously granted for only the best-of-the-best products we see.”
“ScaleIO comes down to two words: flexibility and performance,” said Josh Goldstein, VP of product management and marketing for ScaleIO. “The product is architected to be outstanding for block storage at web scale, combining the best of software-defined storage with hyper-convergence to create a lightning-fast solution with a multitude of configurations. We’re delivering simplicity and never-before-seen results while enabling customers to minimize costs—the brass ring for enterprise IT organizations today.”
Notable StorageReview results for ScaleIO:
- On Sysbench OLTP testing with MySQL:
- Scales beyond traditional storage arrays, with throughput and latency significantly better plus the ability to use near 100% of capacity
- “The performance was excellent, easily proving once again that ScaleIO is the leading software-defined solution on the market in terms of performance and flexibility.”
- On SQL Server testing:
- Provides superior resource efficiency while performing much faster than other hyper-converged platforms and slightly edging out FC-connected all-flash storage
- “For customers demanding the highest performing hyper-converged storage solution for SQL Server, ScaleIO just upped the bar again by being the most efficient HCI solution we've ever tested.”
- On virtualized workload testing with VMmark:
- Delivers record-smashing performance with sub-millisecond latency, with only 14% CPU utilization at max scale
“The most impressive feat though was how well ScaleIO in HCI did, demonstrating how little impact the storage overhead has on the platform.”
- On HCI testing with HCIbench:
- Triples the performance of other hyper-converged platforms, while testing with a significantly larger footprint
“…[ScaleIO is] able to offer incredible bandwidth – supporting even the most demanding workloads.”
ScaleIO is available in three consumption choices – ScaleIO Software, ScaleIO Ready Node (Software + Dell PowerEdge Server) and VxRack System Flex (turnkey, fully-integrated rack-scale system).
ScaleIO is deployed at datacenter-scale by large enterprises and service providers including top banks, telcos, and healthcare companies. Click to see how Verizon uses ScaleIO to solve business challenges and achieve storage lifecycle savings.
Click to read more about ScaleIO, ScaleIO Ready Node and VxRack System Flex