Let's face it, with everything going on in the world, having a good sophisticated data protection system is a must. Many organizations are running their critical servers on
VMware vSphere environments to get better resource utilization and
to minimize downtime of their production environments. But being virtual doesn't automatically keep your server environments protected.
So how do you maintain those critical servers and keep the organization operational when "stuff happens" and things go wrong? What are you currently using to backup those VMware VMs?
If your business is currently looking for such a solution, but the
budget isn't quite up to snuff to get all the features you require, you
should check out the new Vembu VMBackup FREE edition which might just
The team from Vembu has recently thrown their their hat in the ring with a new free offering. With the FREE Vembu VMBackup edition for VMware environments, users can take advantage of unlimited agentless VM Backups hosted with VMware ESXi hosts and vCenter servers at no cost. Additionally, Vembu offers different types of recovery options which ensures the high availability of VMware VMs. By combining the power of application consistent snapshots using Microsoft VSS writer and Vembu's scalable patented block file system VembuHIVE, IT Managers can now initiate complete virtual machine recovery during any disaster.
Some of the Vembu feature highlights include:
- Backup all the virtual machines running in VMware ESXi host and vCenter environments without installing any agents on each of the VMs
- Supports multiple VMware transport modes like Direct SAN, HotAdd and Network based (NBD & NBDSSL). VMBackup automatically analyses and chooses the appropriate transport mode to improve the VM data transfer rate
- Provides fast and flexible Recovery options and also provides recovery of individual files and folder from the backed up VM data
- Monitors and manages all the backups of VMware environment through a web console
- Free Vembu Universal Recovery tool helps to restore individual application items from Exchange, SQL, SharePoint and Active Directory VMs
The full Vembu BDR Suite also comes with a 30 day full feature trial during the evaluation period so you can try out every feature to see what you need and what you don't. Once that trial period expires, users can either opt to stay with the free version or upgrade to the paid edition with a license of Vembu BDR Suite based on their business requirements.
Don't need the extra features? No problem. The download includes both free and paid versions, so if you want to stick with the free version, there's nothing to do. You will continue to use the free product after the trial expires, and you don't need to do anything. And you can always upgrade your environment at a later time by applying a paid license acquired from the Vembu portal. Simple.
With this free edition, there are no limits to the number of sockets, VMs or servers being supported. Even better, if you have a mixed-mode environment, the free Vembu backup software also works with Hyper-V and physical workstations and servers.
Here's a nice check box breakdown of the free vs. paid comparison of Vembu BDR Suite.
Ready to get started?