Commvault, a global leader in enterprise backup, recovery, archive and the cloud, today announced that it is seeing growing healthcare industry demand for its Commvault Data Platform with strong customer adoption among healthcare providers and organizations since the formation of its healthcare solutions group. Multiple forces - including growing data volumes, rising security risks, stricter regulatory requirements, increasing industry consolidation and shrinking IT budgets - are driving healthcare organizations to implement holistic data management strategies with the Commvault Data Platform. By providing data protection of electronic health records (EHR) and enabling enterprise image management through the Commvault Clinical Archive, healthcare customers are delivering higher quality, lower cost care by better protecting, controlling and extracting value from their EHR, imaging, financial and other enterprise data.
Commvault will be highlighting why healthcare organizations are increasingly using the Commvault Data Platform to streamline disaster recovery, optimize EHR data protection, consolidate enterprise imaging and secure a holistic, 360 degree view of their data at HIMSS17 Conference & Exhibition, booth #1703 on February 19-23 in Orlando.
New Healthcare Customers, Partnerships Demonstrate Growing Market Traction
At HIMSS17 Commvault announced strong customer momentum in the healthcare market since the formation of its healthcare solutions group to help them implement holistic data management strategies. A small sample of new and existing healthcare customers that have expanded their investment into Commvault's portfolio of data management solutions include:
- Adventist Health System
- Advocate Health Care
- Alaska Native Medical Center
- Denver Health Medical Center
- Eisenhower Medical Center
- Kelsey-Seybold Clinic
- GRUPO HERMES PARDINI
- Guthrie Healthcare Systems
- International Committee of the Red Cross
- Salem Health
- Roswell Park Cancer Institute
- Tufts Medical Center
- University of Rochester Medical Center
- UW Health
- Assuta Hospital
- Kingston Hospital NHS Trust
- Royal Cornwall Hospital NHS Trust
- St. Andrew's Healthcare
- The Health Products Regulatory Authority
- The National Institutes of Health NIDA -- Department of Health and Human Services
- The National Institutes of Health NLM - Department of Health and Human Services
At the conference, Commvault also announced new partnerships with CloudWave and Harmony Healthcare IT, a technical achievement with TeraRecon, a new IDC white paper on how healthcare organizations can use holistic data management to create a competitive advantage, and a new listing for Commvault Clinical Archive in Imaging Technology News.
- CloudWave and Commvault Partnership: The Commvault Data Platform has been selected by CloudWave to power its new OpSus Backup service, a healthcare backup-as-a-service (BaaS) offering that enables healthcare organizations to quickly, easily and securely use the cloud to protect and recover mission-critical application data.
- TeraRecon and Commvault Achievement: Commvault announced a technical achievement with TeraRecon, a leader in advanced visualization and enterprise medical image viewing solutions, enabling healthcare organizations to deliver anywhere access to images at speeds never before possible.
- Harmony Healthcare IT and Commvault Partnership: Commvault has partnered with Harmony Healthcare IT to extend the power of the Commvault Data Platform with new capabilities in data aggregation and application decommissioning. As a result, healthcare customers can manage the complicated process of decommissioning legacy applications by retiring Electronic Healthcare Records (EHR) and Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems while enabling them to access and protect important clinical and business data.
- IDC Healthcare Enterprise Data Management White Paper: This new white paper helps healthcare organizations understand how enterprise grade health data management can help them drive a competitive advantage in the marketplace by better protecting EHR data, business, and other data, enable clinical and image archiving, and enhance their security posture when it comes to cyberattacks that can compromise IT systems and data.
- Listing in Imaging Technology News (ITN): Commvault Clinical Archive was listed in the February issue of ITN, the premiere imaging publication referred to by CIOs and decision makers within healthcare. Commvault's inclusion in ITN's highly-regarded VNA Comparison Chart further demonstrates the company's growth and success in the healthcare imaging space.
"Healthcare organizations are deriving more value from their data than ever before - yet they are also finding that protecting, managing and extracting value from this data is more complex than ever," said Ananth Balasubramanian, General Manager of Worldwide Healthcare Business at Commvault. "By providing them with the power to implement holistic data management strategies that enable them to take full control of their data, whatever it is, wherever it may reside, Commvault is helping healthcare organizations simplify data protection and management, while also allowing them take the next step forward in using data to improve patient outcomes and reduce costs."