Zerto, a leading provider of cloud IT resilience solutions, today announced it has achieved its fifth consecutive year of at or near triple-digit sales growth in 2016. The increased sales were driven by noteworthy key vertical and geography expansions, channel partner recruitment gains, a significant growth financing round and new hybrid cloud product innovations. The company also received multiple coveted awards and accolades, and added strategic leadership team members to help the company successfully execute on its business strategy.
"Zerto's future-looking approach is focused on developing innovative technologies that evolve business continuity and disaster recovery (BC/DR) software to also serve as a hybrid cloud enabler, transforming the way our IT customers provide value to their businesses," said Zerto CEO, Ziv Kedem. "Our sustained hyper-growth, with 2016 being a major inflection point, proves we're moving in the right direction as enterprise customers, investors, analysts and partners continue to embrace our mission and product capabilities."
Zerto's continued success in 2016 that positions the company for strong performance in 2017 includes the following highlights:
- Vertical and Geo Expansions - Proving itself as a true leader in the BC/DR space as well as the channel industry, in 2016 Zerto expanded in key vertical areas and regions globally. Geographically the US, DACH, Benelux and APJ experienced 89%, 73%, 33% and 34% year-over-year growth respectively. Vertically, the company extended YoY gains in healthcare with 91% growth, financial services with 81% growth, government with 198% growth, education with 249% growth and retail with 285% growth.
- Enhanced Hybrid Cloud and BC/DR Capabilities with New Version of Zerto Virtual Replication - In the first half of 2016, Zerto released ZVR 4.5 to help enterprises quickly recover from ransomware attacks by providing an added layer to IT security strategy. Journal File Level RecoveryTM enables restoration of any file or folder from any point in time within the last seconds before accidental deletion, virus or data corruption.
- The release of ZVR 5.0 in November extended to a 30-day journal, which also helps reduce backup constraints and storage costs. The most critical features within the latest release of the Enterprise Cloud Edition of 5.0 includes "One-to-Many" simultaneous replication to multiple targets to increase SLA flexibility. Additionally, the new Microsoft Azure support - with availability in the Microsoft Azure Marketplace - helps companies build their hybrid cloud infrastructure, while Zerto Mobile BC/DR app provides anytime, anywhere monitoring of IT environments.
In the second half of 2016, Zerto hired technology alliances industry veteran, Peter Kerr, to serve as Zerto's director of global alliances based in San Francisco. Kerr has over 20 years of experience driving revenue growth and strategic value for a variety of technology companies, and is generating the same level of success at Zerto.
- Further Commitment to 100 Percent Channel Focus with New Partner Program - In September Zerto re-launched its Zerto Alliance Partner program, which provides partners with a unique and superior partner program experience that provides MDF incentives, discounts and other business-building rewards. With 382 new partners added to Zerto's partner network and 2,600+ partner certifications in 2016, the ZAP program enhancements focus on delivering a unified experience and path to success for all of Zerto's 1,500 reseller, cloud service provider (CSP) and system integrator partners.
- Launch of ZertoCON Business Continuity Conference - In May, nearly 400 attendees converged for the IT industry's next generation BC/DR conference, ZertoCON 2016. The event hosted executives, thought leaders and IT professionals from a wide range of industries and organizations to discuss building confidence in IT with the goal of moving businesses forward. Zerto looks forward to hosting ZertoCON 2017 again in Boston May 22-24, 2017.