SolarWinds, a leading provider of powerful and affordable IT management software, today revealed its latest capabilities for end-to-end hybrid IT management through key updates to its modular and scalable SolarWinds Orion platform and related products. With these updates, SolarWinds enables complete cloud visibility along with deep on-premises monitoring and a new, dynamic drag-and-drop dashboard to visualize infrastructure and application relationships. These new features help IT professionals monitor, troubleshoot, and improve hybrid IT performance with a simplicity like never before.
"For all of its benefits, the nearly universal shift to a hybrid IT strategy that links internal and external IT services can lead to complex, multi-faceted performance issues that span across systems and networks owned by an organization, their service providers, and their cloud vendors," said Christoph Pfister, executive vice president, products, SolarWinds. "As a result, IT professionals need comprehensive visibility into every aspect of their hybrid environments that may impact application performance. They then need a way to correlate that data so they can break down the walls between functional roles, service providers, and cloud vendors; eliminate finger pointing; and solve hybrid performance problems faster. Today's SolarWinds Orion platform and product enhancements enable just that: end-to-end hybrid IT management."
End-to-End Hybrid IT Management from SolarWinds
According to the SolarWinds IT Trends Report 2016: The Hybrid IT Evolution, a mere 9 percent of organizations have not migrated any infrastructure or applications to the cloud, yet 60 percent stated they will likely never transition all services offsite, making hybrid IT the reality for IT departments today and for the foreseeable future. The survey also found that, while the cloud is key to business success, the challenges of hybrid IT environments are many. Increased management complexity brought on by combining cloud and on-premises services, along with a lack of control over and visibility into cloud services, ranked among the most prevalent issues faced by IT professionals.
To help overcome these challenges, the SolarWinds Orion platform enables unified monitoring and management of cloud, on-premises, and hybrid IT services. This is accomplished through products such as SolarWinds Server & Application Monitor (SAM), which provides deep visibility into the performance of business-critical applications and the infrastructure that supports them on-premises and in the cloud; SolarWinds Network Performance Monitor (NPM), which provides comprehensive network performance monitoring with the NetPathfeature for critical path visualization on-premises and in the cloud; and SolarWinds Database Performance Analyzer (DPA), which features unique Multi-Dimensional Performance Analysis across on-premises and cloud database environments.
The latest enhancements to these products, powered by the SolarWinds Orion platform, include:
- Cloud infrastructure monitoring from within the SolarWinds SAM module. The SolarWinds Orion platform now monitors Amazon Web Services (AWS) instances and volumes via the Amazon CloudWatch API, providing more visibility into cloud applications and the cloud infrastructure that supports them. This enhances what is already provided by the agent-based and agent-less capabilities in the product.
- Support for Microsoft Azure SQL and AWS Aurora RDS databases within SolarWinds DPA, enabling database administrators and developers to get maximum performance from their cloud databases and reduce infrastructure requirements using Multi-Dimensional Performance Analysis.
- Support for Cisco Meraki wireless access points within SolarWinds NPM. Cisco Meraki wireless access points are 100 percent cloud-managed, enabling network engineers to focus on configuring network behaviors rather than individual network components. SolarWinds NPM now provides a single robust tool for monitoring both locally managed and Cisco Meraki cloud-managed wireless access points.
- Enhanced network path monitoring within NetPath in SolarWinds NPM, which provides visibility into network performance and path analysis across the internet. View devices, applications, networks, and vendors in single-page path analysis to track every hop, and view latency historically or in real-time.
Drag-and-Drop Correlation in a Powerful Dashboard for Hybrid IT Environments
Also, new today is the general availability of the SolarWinds PerfStack dashboard, enabling next-generation capabilities for hybrid IT troubleshooting. PerfStack is a significant new capability available in the SolarWinds Orion platform. It is a highly customizable, yet simple-to-build dashboard. PerfStack allows IT administrators to selectively drag and drop critical real-time and historical metrics from virtually any SolarWinds Orion-based product, including cloud and on-premises performance data, into a single customizable chart to visualize the relationship between suspect elements. This enables IT professionals to identify, isolate, and troubleshoot hybrid IT performance problems in ways never before possible with this level of simplicity.
Making PerfStack even more powerful is the ability for administrators to collaborate with others by easily sharing the custom PerfStack charts they have created, helping break down the functional silos within their IT organizations and solve performance problems faster.
As a new component of the SolarWinds Orion platform, PerfStack is included in the latest versions of SolarWinds Network Performance Monitor (12.1), SolarWinds Server & Application Monitor (6.4), SolarWinds NetFlow Traffic Analyzer (4.2.2), SolarWinds Virtualization Manager (7.1), SolarWinds Storage Resource Monitor (6.4), and SolarWinds Web Performance Monitor (2.2.1). Pricing and Availability
All products referenced in this press release are currently available. The starting price for each, including the first year of maintenance, is as follows:
- SolarWinds Server & Application Monitor: $2,995 USD
- SolarWinds Network Performance Monitor: $2,895 USD
- SolarWinds Database Performance Analyzer: $1,995 USD
- SolarWinds NetFlow Traffic Analyzer: $1,875 USD
- SolarWinds Virtualization Manager: $2,995 USD
- SolarWinds Storage Resource Monitor: $2,935 USD
- SolarWinds Web Performance Monitor: $1,995 USD