Virtualization Technology News and Information
Article
RSS
Endeavors Technologies to Showcase Application Delivery for VDI at VMworld 2010

Endeavors Technologies, the pioneer of application virtualization and the inventor of application streaming, will showcase their Application Jukebox software at VMworld 2010 as the ideal portable application delivery solution for all virtual desktops and VDI.

Endeavors will be in Booth 1339 at VMworld, which will be held August 30, 2010 through September 2, 2010 at Moscone Center in San Francisco.

“VDI economics haven’t delivered yet, because they assumed that 100% of the apps will run, will interact with each other properly, and will all perform to user satisfaction,” said Paul Hacker, Chief Executive Officer of Endeavors. “But virtual desktops major on the OS problem, not on application delivery.”

Industry analysts say that other application delivery systems on VDI only cover about 80% of applications, meaning that IT staff must implement workarounds or a mixed environment. “The minute you get to a mixed environment,” said Hacker, “you’ve destroyed the real promise of virtual desktops. Delivering the other 20% of applications is an expensive proposition—and it is exactly those 20% which are the heavy, business-critical, GPU-intensive applications that businesses depend on.”

“Successful ROI for virtual desktops demand an application delivery solution like Application Jukebox, which is compatible with all Windows applications and does not limit interaction by isolation,” said Arthur Hitomi, Chief Technology Officer and Founder of Endeavors. “Application Jukebox was built to deliver native performance and a user experience just like the apps were locally installed. This capability means Application Jukebox can uniquely be used in a variety of scenarios, including virtual desktops—no matter which vendor’s VDI solution you choose. Application Jukebox is the only application delivery solution that can make the VDI cost models work and maximize the ROI of virtual desktops.”

Endeavors further discusses application delivery to VDI in its paper “Delivering Applications to Virtual Desktops,” which it will be distributing at VMworld.

Published Friday, August 20, 2010 7:50 AM by David Marshall
Comments
Twitter Trackbacks for Endeavors Technologies to Showcase Application Delivery for VDI at VMworld 2010 : VMblog.com - Virtualization Technology News and Information for Everyone [vmblog.com] on Topsy.com - (Author's Link) - August 20, 2010 11:31 AM
Lasik Corrective Eye Surgery – Advertisements for Lasik Eye Surgery When it Sounds Too Good to be True | new lasik - (Author's Link) - September 4, 2010 8:29 AM
To post a comment, you must be a registered user. Registration is free and easy! Sign up now!
top25
Calendar
<August 2010>
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
25262728293031
1234567
891011121314
15161718192021
22232425262728
2930311234